Want to work for a mission driven company that digitally maps soil with machine learning to help sustainably produce food and reverse climate change?
EarthOptics is a growing AgTech company developing tools that help farmers more sustainably manage their soil, increase yields and feed the growing world. EarthOptics is seeking full-time Ag Field Technicians. As a Field Technician you will join our growing field operations team and will be responsible for assisting in field crop research and collecting field data using various collection methods.
To learn more about working at EarthOptics, visit: https://www.themuse.com/profiles/earthoptics
Position Status: Hourly, non exempt
Travel: Travel is required, approximately 75% of the time
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assisting in field crop research and collecting field data
- Maintaining equipment and transporting equipment to field sites.
- Work alongside the Field Manager throughout training.
- Travel to research sites in TN and out-of-state.
We seek motivated individuals who are eager to gain new skills in a fast-paced environment, and work closely and collaboratively with a team. We are committed to building a diverse team of employees from various backgrounds, educational histories, and industries. We have a competitive compensation package including robust healthcare benefits, paid time off and meaningful equity options grants. Even if you do not meet all of the requirements below, we encourage you to apply – we’d love to hear from you! Learn more at www.EarthOptics.com.
What we are looking for:
- Ability to do physical work in outdoor environments, e.g. collecting soil samples, loading and unloading equipment.
- Ability to lift > 50 pounds.
- Ability to operate computers and electronic devices.
- Candidate must be eligible to work in the United States
- Ability to maintain confidentiality; if hired, candidates must sign a non-disclosure agreement.
- A valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
What would make you stand out:
- Preference will be given to candidates who have farm or field research experience and/or educational credentials in an agronomic or engineering field.
What we can offer:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance – 75% funded by EarthOptics for benefit-eligible employees and dependents
- Company paid LTD, STD and Life Insurance
- Meaningful equity option grants
- 401k Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Professional Development
- Referral Program
EarthOptics is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of any kind. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender or gender identity, national origin, age, marital, parental, veteran or disability status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 – $24.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Tell us about your agronomy and/or field research experience.
- Driver’s License (Required)
Work Location: On the road