Emmert & Sons is pleased to announce they are seeking a full-time Agricultural Mechanic and Equipment Operator/Sprayer Technician to join their diverse agricultural operation in Baldwin, Wisconsin.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Illustrative Only):
Equipment Operator / Sprayer Technician
- Execute on various assignments and tasks in support of carrying out the annual crop plan.
- Operate a various pieces of field equipment with a high degree of proficiency and safety.
- Take initiative to solve and analyze problems – find ways to continually improve processes and efficiencies.
- Perform and assist others with regular maintenance, repairs, and preparations of equipment to ensure field readiness.
- Properly load, measure and blend products for use in the sprayer.
- Operate the sprayer in a safe manner utilizing precision ag equipment.
- Maintain private applicator license.
- Ensure all daily goals are met through attention to detail and organization.
- Work independently, as a team with others and under general supervision.
- Inspect, maintain, repair, assemble and overhaul farm machinery, equipment, and vehicles.
- Assist in keeping all equipment and facilities in good order.
- Perform assigned tasks efficiently and accurately to ensure quality is not sacrificed, but deadlines are met or exceeded.
- Assist in the movement and accounting of inventory.
- Help wherever needed throughout the operation.
Physical / Work Demands:
- Must be available to work varied and long hours based on demand.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to travel to various locations, farms and fields.
- Candidate must be a self-motivated and detail-oriented person with high drive to be able to focus, in a high paced environment with ability to adapt to changing situations on a daily basis.
- Good mechanical aptitude to detect and assist in repairing equipment issues.
Competitive Wages plus benefits including:
- Vacation based on years of service
- Medical Insurance
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
Work Location: In person