The Agricultural Program Manager facilitates the sourcing, marketing, and distribution of fresh produce, dairy and meat products to Feeding Northeast Florida, Bread of the Mighty Food Bank and their partner agencies. The position is primarily responsible for the efficient operation of the Farmers Feeding Florida initiative.
The Agricultural Program Manager works with the Feeding Florida Agricultural Relations Manager and the Farm to Food Bank Program Manager to engage produce growers, and shippers, utilizing Meal Connect and the Feeding Florida “tracker” to help Feeding Northeast Florida and its affiliates meet or exceed its strategic growth targets as well as overseeing and managing the FDACS and LFPA grants.
The Produce Sourcing Manager works closely with Operations staff in Jacksonville and Gainesville to coordinate the supply and distribution of solicited and/or purchased produce and protein products.
Position works with the Product Sourcing Team in Jacksonville and Gainesville.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops, manages, and maintains produce industry donor relationships in conjunction to meet the needs of the organization.
- Position manages the USDA Local Food Purchase Assistance (LFPA) program for the organization, including the identification of disadvantaged farmers, and maintains all program records and receipts.
- Actively engage produce producers within Northeast Florida or as directed, identifying and marketing new supply offers.
- Align with Feeding NE Florida agency relations, transportation, operations staff and member agencies in identifying, matching, and planning demand with available or future produce supply.
- Monitors and administers the planning and coordination of the Florida Department of Agriculture Consumer Services (FDACS), LFPA allocations and any grant specific to produce or related farm products.
- Provides all reporting and audit information for Feeding Florida and the Florida Dept. of Agriculture.
- Educate donors/members on offer and order processing.
- Coordinates with admin support to process, submit and report for all Farmer’s Feeding Florida initiative.
- Resolve donor, member issues related to produce loads.
- Resolve all invoice issues related to produce loads.
- Research, extracts and develops data analysis for targeted food raising.
- Conducts high-level produce engagement calls with Feeding Florida member food banks.
- Travels to meet with food cooperatives, growers, and produce industry events
- Continue and broaden produce knowledge (PACA rules & regs, grade vs. condition, seasonality/availability).
- Position is responsible for monitoring food safety regulations and ensuring compliance with AIB procedures for purchased and donated products under FDACS and LFPA Programs.
- Assists as backup during times of disaster to help coordinate shipments.
- Follow organization procurement procedures.
- Completes special initiatives and projects as needed.
- BA/BS or equivalent experience in a related role preferred.
- Strong Organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Excellent customer service and communication (written/verbal skills)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (specifically Excel)
- Fresh Produce industry knowledge preferred.
- Sales experience helpful.
Work is performed indoors inside the warehouse in ambient, cooler, and freezer temperatures for extended periods of time. Noises typical in a warehouse environment include horns, backing alarms as well as flashing lights.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here represent those that an employee must meet to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. The above job description is not an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities, and skills of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform other related duties assigned by their supervisor.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 – $65,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Jacksonville, FL 32254: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- purchasing from farms: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: In person