An Agriculture Equipment Operator is responsible for delivering and applying agronomy products with company spraying, spreading and tendering equipment to grower’s fields.
They will operate state of the art crop input equipment with the latest in agriculture technology. In addition, they will perform required maintenance to the equipment they operate.
Agriculture Equipment Operators work in a professional and safe manner that will optimize the company’s market share and savings, improve the company’s efficiency, help achieve the company’s mission and goals, and provide outstanding customer service.
They will maintain a positive attitude that promotes teamwork across all divisions and a favorable image of the company.
- Ability to gain current operational knowledge of designated sprayer or spreader and tender trucks located at assigned location and knowledge of applicable regulations.
- Ability to learn and operate all aspects of agronomy plant, including repair and maintenance.
- Ability to gain working knowledge of MSDS information on agronomy products being handled.
- Ability to develop working knowledge of seeds, chemicals, and fertilizer products.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Commercial Driver’s License (A) with Hazardous Materials and Tanker endorsements.
- Ability to obtain and maintain Custom Applicator’s License (1A).
- Work independently with minimum supervision.
- Basic computer and data entry skills.
- Ability to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
- Ability to deal with emotional customers and help resolve complaints.
- Perform spraying, spreading & tendering duties properly and in accordance with work orders.
- Operate and maintain equipment properly and in accordance with manufacture’s maintenance manuals and operator manuals. Report need for maintenance work or replacement of equipment to Agronomy Operations Manager when necessary.
- Mix fertilizer and chemicals properly in accordance with quality standards.
- Report inventory needs to Agronomy Operations Manager immediately.
- Fill out application records completely and accurately, submit application records daily, and inform your supervisor of discrepancies in your reports as soon as you are aware of them.
- Inform Agronomy Operations Manager of any new business opportunities.
- Greet customers promptly and courteously with a friendly smile and hello and thank them for their business. Work with your customers to resolve problems and report any possible misapplication problems to Agronomy Operations Manager.
- Ensure customers are informed of safe product handling procedures.
- Actively work to increase personal knowledge and skills.
- Maintain a certified applicators license.
- Maintain fertilizer plant, equipment, and warehouse as assigned.
- Ensure facilities and equipment meet federal, state, and OSHA regulations. Report any unsafe working conditions to Agronomy Operations Manager.
- Work with Strategic Account Managers at location that you are helping custom apply products.
- Maintain a clean and professional appearance for yourself and your equipment.
- Complete special projects assigned by your supervisor.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to taste or smell. The employee must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT:
Eye protection is required in restricted areas. Appropriate personal protective equipment (i.e. goggles, gloves, long sleeve shirt, and/or face mask) required per product label.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
A high school degree or GED.
Job involves work inside a climate-controlled office atmosphere and outside in hot and cold weather.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked to perform other duties. Management has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.