Reporting to Maintenance Manager, the Ag Mechanic will be responsible for diagnosing, repairing, and adjusting all onion and garlic harvest equipment, among other related duties. The ideal candidate for the Ag Mechanic position should have strong knowledge of farm equipment mechanics and diagnostics, ability to diagnose and repair a wide range of mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic problems, and have the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
We are a global leader in food & beverage ingredients. Pioneers at heart, we operate at the forefront of consumer trends to provide food & beverage manufacturers with products and ingredients that will delight their consumers. Making a positive impact on people and planet is all part of the delight. With a deep-rooted presence in the countries where our ingredients are grown, we are closer to farmers, enabling better quality, and more reliable, traceable and transparent supply. Supplying products and ingredients at scale is just the start. We add value through our unique, complementary portfolio of natural, delicious and nutritious products. With our fresh thinking, we help our customers unleash the sensory and functional attributes of cocoa, coffee, dairy, nuts and spices so they can create naturally good food & beverage products that meet consumer expectations. And whoever we’re with, whatever we’re doing, we always make it real.
- Responsible for pre-harvest, garlic harvest, onion harvest and planting equipment maintenance to include routine repairs and preventive maintenance (service all equipment, equipment fabrication, operation adjustment to ensure efficient operation, replace worn parts, modify parts/systems, trouble shoot all harvest equipment, red tag harvest equipment that is determined unsafe or inoperable, etc.)
- Must be able to travel with the harvest.
- Maintain company assigned vehicle in good working condition.
- Field to field equipment diagnostics including, hydraulics, electrical, engine & air conditioning.
- Facilitate completion of expense report.
- Completion of monthly vehicle report.
- Abide by DOT regulations.
- Communicate and perform electronic timecard through reimbursed mobile device utility.
- Comply with company safety regulations.
- Conducts overhaul and prepares harvest equipment for the next year’s harvest season.
- Complete assessment and repair of equipment systems including, hydraulics, minor engine repairs, 12v system & air conditioning.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Valid State issued Driver’s License and good driving record is required.
- Heavy travel demands with long workdays and ability to work a flexible work schedule.
- Presently working as a journey level mechanic with a minimum of 2 years’ experience as a mechanic. Diagnostic/troubleshooting experience preferred. Acceptable levels of experience in Diesel and gas engines, welding/torch, hydraulics, heavy equipment, etc., are desired.
- Ability to read, and interpret documents in English such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to train on the use of diagnostic equipment/tools. Minimal ability to write in English routine maintenance reports or correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to troubleshoot and interpret diagnostic codes.
- Knowledge of Harvest equipment, welders, torches, fabrication equipment, and hand tools.
The pay for this role in the state of California is $31/hr and is based on the position responsibilities and geographic location.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
ofi provides equality of opportunity for all persons with respect to hiring without discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. All employment will be decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us for support at: [email protected]
At ofi, we celebrate our diversity. Olam Americas LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.