Full Job Description
To help students learn subject matter and/or skills that will contribute to their development as mature, able and responsible men and women
1. Familiarizes oneself with and abides by school district policies; Stays current in changes in such policies through procedures described by the Board.
2. Establishes and fosters a cooperative working relationship with the staff of the building to which the teacher is assigned, as well as with other District personnel.
3. Exercises mature and professional judgment in teaching and in associations with staff and students.
4. Participates in professional activities as part of the teaching assignment.
5. Demonstrates high standards of professionalism and ethical conduct.
6. Maintains confidentiality of information regarding colleagues, students, and parents.
7. Maintains current certification in appropriate teaching area(s).
8. Maintains adequate and current knowledge of developments within the respective teaching areas and within the areas of instruction and learning.
9. Teaches the District standards in the assigned area; utilizes effective planning for each day’s teaching learning activities; clarifies goal and objectives of lessons and assignments; diagnoses and prescribes for student academic and effective strengths and weaknesses, evaluates student progress and achievement, and continually seeks to motivate students for the learning tasks at hand.
10. Provides for reasonable care and safety of students who are assigned to them at all times. Is responsible for the daily safekeeping of students in their charge; must have ability to safely escort assigned students off school premises or otherwise manage students while in emergency situations. This includes following all appropriate crisis management protocols used by the District.
11. Provides proper care and reasonable security for all District property in their custody.
12. Seeks to establish a school climate, which will promote appropriate student discipline. Consistently supports and assists the building staff in maintaining order and discipline among students.
13. Actively participates in Professional Learning Community (PLC) discussions at grade and subject levels.
14. Utilizes instructional materials and other educational resources in a competent and effective manner.
15. Makes use of technology for instructional purposes, as well as for record keeping, administrative and other non-instructional uses as may be required.
16. Performs such other tasks and duties as assigned by the supervisor.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee must occasionally push items of 50 lbs. such as pushing children on equipment or moving/rearranging furniture. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and depth perception. Hearing ability to monitor activity and presence of students and respond to communication with students and adults is required. The position requires the individual to meet multiple demands from several people and interact with the public and other staff.
Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on the Teacher Evaluation System.
·IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Principal WORK SCHEDULE: 11-M – 220 Days – 7.5 Hrs.
SUPERVISES: Teacher aides, clerks, volunteers or PAY GRADE: Teacher Scale other personnel, if assigned
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: None FLSA STATUS: Exempt
As set by state certification authorities and by the Caroline County School Board
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,354.00 – $81,692.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Signing bonus
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Milford, VA 22514: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location
- Health insurance