The purpose of the Ag Worker III position for the Maricopa Agricultural Center is to irrigate field crops for all research plots on the station, maintain irrigation delivery infrastructure, and operate farm machinery. A variety of irrigation methods are used including flood, drip and sprinkler. Occasional use of farm machinery to maintain canals and other irrigation equipment, applying pesticides, and other assigned tasks are necessary for the care of research field plots. This position requires a flexible work schedule to include both day and night shifts.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs.
- Regulates and applies irrigation water to research plots using flood, drip and sprinkler irrigation practices.
- Perform maintenance tasks to irrigation infrastructure such as canals and pipelines.
- Conducts pesticide applications including herbicides and other chemicals.
- Operates farm machinery to maintain research plots.
- Occasional hand weeding and other tasks as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience required.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
- Requires prior experience irrigating field crops.
- Requires a flexible work schedule to include both day and night shifts.