ILS Farms Partnership in Great Bend, KS is looking to add to its team of Agronomists. ILS Farms is a large farming operation located in Barton, Pawnee, and Stafford Counties in Kansas.
The farm produces a variety of grain and hay crops both irrigated and dryland as well as an extensive cattle grazing program.
As an Agronomist and team member of ILS Farms, it is essential to prioritize communication, time management, teamwork, troubleshooting and problem-solving, collaboration across departments and locations, and continuously grow to enhance the service and products ILS Farms provides.
The Agronomist must have experience with both irrigated and dryland farming and knowledge of computers and data entry.
The job duties include the following but other duties may be assigned:
- Collect annual soil samples and analyze lab results to determine the type
and the amount of fertilizer needed.
- Scout, collect and analyze data on growing crops and field conditions.
- Have (or develop) the ability to make product recommendations on a variety of crops and soils.
Visit with the Unit Managers on a regular basis regarding crop conditions and input needs such as fertilizer, herbicides, insecticides, fungicides, irrigation, etc.
- Operate and monitor the performance of center pivot and drip irrigation systems and schedule water application.
- Write variable rate prescriptions for fertilizer and seed.
- Analyze harvest yield maps.
- Assist in the general repair and maintenance of Farms buildings and storage locations.
- Have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written and oral instruction.
- Have the ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in a common situation.
ILS Farms offers a very generous salary and benefits package, with the potential for an annual bonus, company-paid health, dental, and vision insurance for employees, 401(k) with company match, holiday pay, and a great PTO plan.
Must be able to pass post-offer employment testing.
To apply visit ILSBEEF.COM/JOBS, call 620.792.6166, or apply in person at 551 SW 30 Rd, Great Bend, KS.
Job Type: Full-time