Walther FarmsFarm Jobs in South Carolina • Agronomist Jobs • Agronomy Jobs
- Create and manage agronomic budgets for all crops.
- Variety and field selection/rotation
- Responsible for crop scouting and pest management
- Train and work with field managers on pest management and irrigation scheduling
- Ensure all equipment is calibrated and operating correctly.
- Oversee soil and petiole testing.
- Fertilizer and pesticide recommendations
- Tillage, cover crop and fumigation recommendations
- Chemical and fertilizer inventory management
- Global GAP/Primus agronomic records
- Comply with all regulations- licenses, safety videos, PPE.
- Trials and data
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMNTS:
- Minimum of 2 years of agronomist or farm experience
- Extensive knowledge of plant and soil science
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products to include PowerPoint, Access, Word and Excel, Outlook
- Able to provide general direction to various team members.
- Able to work in a team environment and possess excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Plant or Soil Science or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Valid driver’s license
- Preferred candidate has CCA, but not necessary.