The Country Visions Agronomy Sales Specialist is responsible for providing a consistently high level of customer service and satisfaction. Daily activities should include customer conversations focused on the unique needs and the continual profit improvement of the customer.
The position of Agronomy Sales Specialist requires a self motivated individual who is driven to succeed.
The Agronomy Sales Specialist is expected to act as a promoter of Country Visions Agronomy in all customer and employee interactions as well as demonstrating a high quality of work in all tasks performed.
Duties and responsibilities to include but not limited to:
- Responsible for maintaining and increasing the sales of crop inputs and related products to established customers. 2-3 sales calls per day
- Identify and prioritize potential new accounts and work to secure their business through identification of appropriate opportunities
- Identify and respond to the customer needs your competitor is overlooking
- For the top 20 accounts identify what communication style they are in to better prepare for sales calls. Communicate bi-weekly. Planned sales call monthly
- Complete the one page Pre-Call planning sheet prior to a sales call and put in the customer file for reference
- Use of provided computer software for field mapping, crop planning and record keeping of customers operations
- Demonstrate frequent use of organizational skills to plan and prioritize daily activities
- Maintain records of prospect call activities and targeting plans
- Provide operations personnel with concise directions and communications to insure smooth efficient customer service and avoid, costly errors
- Keep management informed of situations that may have a negative impact on a customer’s financial stability
- Be aware of, and take appropriate steps regarding customers “past due” status and follow management direction on future sales activities
- Remain accessible to customers and fellow employees during hours of business operations
The qualified candidate will need to have a positive attitude, initiative, strong work ethic, cooperation, team support, integrity, and tact with fellow employees and customers.
A Bachelors Degree is preferred with two years experience and CCA certification however, holding an Associate Degree, or two years sales experience, is acceptable.
The candidate must have thorough knowledge of agronomic crop production practices. They must have the ability to speak clearly, work with numbers, work with interruption and in a fast paced environment. They need to maintain a positive attitude with internal and external customers. Attention to detail and strong organizational skills are required. They must be able to communicate effectively using written and verbal skills. Strong problem solving skills are necessary. Will need adequate computer skills to operate field mapping software, create customer specific crop plans, maintain customer contact and forecasting information, access customer account history and communicate electronically.
- Valid Class A Commercial driver’s license (CDL) or ability to obtain one, and clean driving record
- Must possess a Wisconsin Commercial Pesticide Operators License or ability to obtain one
- Ability to lift 75 pounds
- Hours: Daily hours Monday through Friday with Saturday and Sunday hours expected during field work. Some unpredictable and extended work hours including seasonally extended hours will occur
- A generally comfortable work environment will be provided. Travel between Country Visions offices and customer locations will be required
Country Visions offers an impressive benefits package. Benefits include when qualifications are met: Paid time off, Floating Holidays, 401K with company match, Health Insurance, Dental and Vision, FSA and HSA, Company paid Life Insurance and STD and LTD. Pay is based on qualifications and experience.