Agronomy Account Manager in Ohio, IL
River Valley Cooperative is looking for a Sales Account Manager to join our Agronomy team. Our account manager provides solutions such as seed, crop protection products, crop nutrients, precision ag products and services in a well-established cooperative setting.
This role will be engaging with our customers, and providing first-in-class service. We are looking for safety-minded people who are collaborative team players, and are ready and excited to make a difference.
For over 100 years, River Valley’s purpose has been to be the premier provider of agricultural products and services to businesses and individuals within our markets.
What you’ll do:
- Make sales calls throughout assigned territory to determine agronomy needs, create solutions and build long term relationships with customers that will generate sales of seed, nutrients, crop protection products, and agronomy services to meet specified goals.
- Work with Regional Sales Manager to develop and maintain a current list of customers and prospects and rate them based on customer segmentation guidelines.
- Engages in proper sales behaviors such as; on farm calls, follow up meetings, prospect calls, creating professional proposals, and getting referrals.
- Create a territory plan for assigned area.
- Utilize current marketing programs, products, services, and resources to sell agronomy products in an ethical manor.
- Follows an effective sales system.
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- 3 to 5 years sales experience
- Competent in MS Office and Microsoft Outlook
- CCA (Certified Crop Advisor) preferred
- Valid driver’s license
An ideal candidate will demonstrate our River Valley values:
- Customer Focus: Builds and maintains customer satisfaction (Internal and external) with the products and services offered by the organization.
- Integrity: Earns others trust and respect through consistent honesty and professionalism in all interactions.
- Safety and Quality Focus: Adheres to all River Valley policies, safety regulations, standards and practices
- Dependability: Takes personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work, achieves results with little oversight.
River Valley Cooperative is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, genetic information, national origin, disability and other legally protected characteristics.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.