Summit Farms LLCFarm Jobs in Iowa • Agronomy Jobs
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and comply with Manure Management Plan process.
- Enter data to conduct manure reports.
- Coordinate and communication with contract manure application crews.
- Compile, complete, and report necessary documentation for invoicing facility owners, applicators, and recipients of the manure.
- Complete all activities in accordance with company and animal owners standard operating procedures communicated verbally and/or in writing.
- Manage activities within approved bio-security routes and limit the transfer of disease between production sites.
- Discuss with management to establish budget and quality control standards; operate within approved budget and quality control standards.
- Ensure procedures, training and record keeping is following company standards.
- Represent the company in a professional way while building and maintaining positive relationships with clients, vendors, suppliers, visitors, neighbors, co-workers, etc.
- Assist other departments within Summit Agricultural Group, as needed.
- Ability to operate power tools, farm machinery, hand tools and basic farm equipment to complete tasks.
- Regular travel with a valid driver’s license and satisfactory motor vehicle record within Iowa utilizing a company vehicle would be required during regular business hours.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager
- Two-year degree in Agronomy and/or Agricultural related field
- More than three years of industry experience in the agronomy or Manure management field
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite products such as Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.
- Ability to be a self-starter; able to work with little to no direction while having attention to detail
- Efficient and professional customer service and communication skills
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing work environments and responsibilities while maintaining organization and task prioritization.
- This position is performed indoors and will require some tasks to be performed in outside weather conditions.
- As times, exposure to loud noises along with dust and fumes particularly in season months.
- The employee must be able to continuously repeat necessary movements such as bending, lifting and different hand movements as needed to complete tasks.
- Required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel, crouch.
- Ability to frequently lift or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 50
- Ability to climb up ladders and over gates.
- Ability to drive a vehicle for prolonged periods of time
- This position is full time with the frequent weekend work during in season months with the additional availability during weather and staffing challenges.