SOUTHERN STATES COOPERATIVE
The Agronomy Sales Manager makes on-farm sales calls to patrons and prospective customers to sell, seed, fertilizer, crop protection products and all related services. Position is responsible for sales to prospects and assigned customers within a designated geographic territory, which may encompass several counties.
Spends 100% of time working in the field generating sales and assisting customers. (Eligible for Sales Commission Program)
- Independently calls on customers to solicit sales, handles questions about products, and makes recommendations on best practices related to our products and services.
- Partners with General Manager and/or Assistant General Manager and Operations Managers to coordinate sales efforts, develop prospect lists, provide market intelligence, and coordinate product delivery schedules.
- Participates in local community meetings such as grower meetings, USDA and Extension meetings, and is active on county extension boards or Ag related councils.
- Provides technical assistance and related information to customers regarding best management practices. Assists customers with weed and pest identification and recommends appropriate SSC products and services.
- Coordinates all resources needed to solve customer’s issues and complaints. Works with Product Specialists, Buyers, Agronomist, Vendors, and corporate management staff to resolve questions and concerns. Maintains strong relationships with state land grant universities and local county extension personnel.
- Uses the CRM Tool to maintain accurate customer records, prospect lists, and report weekly sales calls to both customers and prospects. Transmits weekly fieldwork reports and weekly expense voucher to General Manager.
- Plans and coordinates commodity and grower meetings with current customers and prospects.
- Promotes use of John Deere Financial, GrowMaster and other company programs as sales tools for building new business.
- Represents the Cooperative in a professional manner by wearing approved company uniform and maintaining a neat and well-maintained vehicle.
- Bachelors degree in Agronomy or combination of training/experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Ag sales and/or store or plant management.
- Strong background related to best farming practices and crop production.
- Must be able to sell full line of SSC products and services.
- Must have knowledge of the community.
- Knowledgeable computer skills and ability to multi-task.
Southern States Cooperative, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against individuals based on their race, color, religion or belief, national or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, family medical history or genetic information, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws, or regulations.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid training
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.