Bee Sweet Citrus is seeking an experienced agronomy technician with minimum of 2 years of experience in the AG industry, citrus preferably but not required. This position will report directly to the Agronomist.
Bee Sweet Citrus, Inc. is a grower, packer, and shipper of citrus and is a leader in today’s agriculture industry. Bee Sweet Citrus Inc. is a family owned and operated company, providing over 10 different varieties to its consumers. Located in the heart of California’s Central Valley, Bee Sweet Citrus, Inc. is focused on innovation, sustainability, and customer satisfaction.
Duties / Responsibilities
- Assist with the implementation of fertilization program
- Creation of fertility reports based on current and future testing
- Assist with agronomical data collection and implementation
- Fertilizer plans and purchasing
- Soil and tissue analysis
- Running fertilizer & pesticide trials
- Irrigation scheduling
- Monitoring water quality and efficiency
- Assist the PCA team with pest management
Required Skills / Abilities
- Understanding of plant agronomy
- Experience working with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Must be able to work independently and in team settings
- Must be hardworking, organized, and goal oriented
- Must be able to communicate verbally and orally
- Must have a clean driving record
- Must be able to follow our Fleet Safety Policies
- Must be able to walk and stand for long hours
- Exercise a variety of tasks, sometimes simultaneously
- Use arms to reach and hands to grasp and manipulate large and small objects.
- Stand for long periods at a time
- Work with, and/or in close proximity to, equipment with moving mechanical parts.
- Work outdoors in diverse weather conditions
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Plant Science, Agronomy or AG related fields
Pay offered/ Benefits
- $19- $21 per hour
- Paid time off and sick leave
- Industry-leading health, dental and vision insurance and health wellness program that covers regular doctor visits, eye exams, etc. with only a minor copay
- 401(k) retirement with guaranteed matching contribution