- Prepare and spread custom applications of agronomy products on customer’s fields, including dry/and or liquid fertilizer, crop protectants, lime, and other treatment products
- Perform general maintenance and repair work to keep equipment in good operating condition
- Help lead efforts to maintain Agronomy division equipment, vehicles and plant through collaborating with the team on material movement, housekeeping, safety and more
WHO WILL I BE WORKING FOR?
You will be working for a company rooted in the cooperative world, with history dating back to 1933, operating in the divisions of Agronomy, Energy, Animal Health and Farm Supplies. EverGRO is built on the relationships we grow with our customers, without their support, business, and loyalty we would not be the successful Coop we are today!
EverGRO fosters an environment founded on the following values.
- Trust: we provide dependable & reliable services
- Quality Products: we offer a variety of reputable products
- Superior Customer Service: we strive to provide options & solutions to our customer’s challenges
- Growth & Development: we value the talent within our team & encourage their growth both professionally and personally
WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?
As a member of our full-time team, you will be eligible for several benefits, including.
- 3 Medical Plan Options; including Health Savings Account eligibility
- Paid Time Off
- Competitive 401k Company Match with Immediate Vesting
- Company Provided Uniforms for all seasons
- Employee Discounts
- Leadership Training and Development opportunities
- Opportunities for career growth
WHAT CAN I EXPECT?
This position will be tasked with the following key objectives:
- Prepare custom application of dry and/or liquid fertilizer, crop protectants and other treatment products according to customer work orders
- Transfer bulk products from trailers into bulk spreading vehicles
- Effectively and safely operate various vehicles and equipment for bulk spreading of both dry and/or liquid products
- Assist with planning the spreading schedule
- Provide recommendations related to observable grower challenges with management to help resolve crop issues
- Train and coach new applicators and serve as subject matter support on product and technical knowledge
- Maintain optimum levels of bulk fertilizer and crop protectants inventory
Some positions will have the following work environment qualities.
- This role will primarily be driving an EverGRO commercial motor vehicle, working outdoors on customer/company spreading work orders, which would experience seasonal temperature and humidity elements
- For a detailed list of physical and other work requirements, please inquire with the HR team during the interview process
WHAT IS EverGRO LOOKING FOR?
No matter the position, EverGRO we will always be looking for candidates that are:
For this role, we are looking for talent that can bring to the table the following.
- A high school diploma/GED equivalent
- A valid Driver’s License
- A Commercial Driver License (CDL), Class A or B with Air Brake Endorsement
- Ability to operate a manual transmission
- At least one year of professional experience, preferably
- Previous experience with application of crop protectants, fertilizers, pesticides or herbicides preferred
- Certifications/Licenses required; willing to train throughout career to obtain, if not already completed, such as a Registered Technician License
- Dedication to safety and compliance
- A passion and enthusiasm to work with our cooperative customers to help improve and overcome any challenges related to their needs
- A desire to learn, grow and work as a cross-functional team member with other divisions within EverGRO
WHERE DO I BEGIN?
The first step is to complete our online application. We also encourage each applicant to attach a current resume. Your application will be reviewed by a member of our leadership team. If you look to be a good fit for the opportunity, you will be contacted for an initial phone interview.
We also encourage everyone to learn a bit more about EverGRO by visiting our website at, www.evergrofs.com and our Facebook page at www.Facebook.com/EverGRO
EverGRO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against individuals based on their race, color, religion, or belief, national or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, family medical history or genetic information, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws or regulations.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, functions and skills required for this job. Functions and requirements may change at any time with or without notice. This job description is a summary of essential job functions necessary for the satisfactory performance of this position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable those with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. Job functions may vary by location.