We are looking for an Assistant Barn Manager to support our Lead Barn Manager. Your goal will be to provide best-in-class service to our horses and their owners.
About Woodvale Farms:
Conveniently located 15 minutes from downtown Frederick, MD at the base of the scenic Catoctin Mountains, Woodvale Farms is home to 60 stall and field boarded horses. We are also considered a home away from home to many of our staff and clients. Our beautiful, environmentally-centric 150 acre campus features miles of trails and open fields, oversized and professionally maintained indoor and outdoor arenas, three boarding barns and training programs for all levels and disciplines. Our facilities are some of the best in the area!
Working at Woodvale means working on a team that puts our core values at the center of everything we do: Commitment to Care, Collaboration, Environmental Stewardship, Community, and Ownership
- Demonstrate a passion for horse care and customer service on a daily basis.
- With direction from the Lead Barn Manager, provide all aspects of individualized horse care (feeding, cleaning stalls, blanketing, turning-in and -out, cleaning water buckets, etc.) .
- Continually review horses for health needs, nutritional needs, behavior issues, or safety concerns as part of a best-in-class equine care program.
- Ensure cleanliness of barn stalls, aisles, feed and storage areas.
- Assist in maintaining barn equipment and make or request repairs as needed.
- Provide basic equine first aid as needed and take action in emergency situations.
- In the absence of the Lead Barn Manager, act as the manager-on-duty and supervise barn staff.
- Bring any boarder questions or concerns to the Barn Manager’s attention. Remedy any urgent issues in Lead Barn Manager’s absence.
- Management experience in the equine industry.
- Ability to maintain professional working relationships with employees and boarders
- Strong attention to detail and high standards
- Physical demands with a considerable amount of time standing, walking, reaching, bending, and stooping
- Physical demands working outside in all types of weather to include heat, cold, and rainy weather conditions.
- Requires the ability for lifting/lowering, carrying, pushing, or pulling up to 50lbs
- Discounted Horse Boarding
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $16.00 – $20.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Are you able to work a split shift (3 hours in morning, 3 hours in evening)?
- Are there any days of the week you are UNABLE to work?
- horse: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Application response rate: 92%
Hiring 2 candidates for this role