Assistant barn manager needed for small equine boarding facility on 35 acres in Williamson Valley, Az. with private groomed trails. Must be reliable, hard-working, self-starter with horse experience. Monday Thursdays.
Responsibilities include caring for horses (8 in barn + 6 outside), feeding, medicating, cleaning (stalls, paddocks and turn-outs), and general maintenance of trails and property. Will report to barn manager who lives on site. Duties include:
– Maintain a clean and organized barn environment; manage and care for horses, including feeding and monitoring their health.
– Perform basic maintenance and repairs; operate tractor as needed
– Coordinate with veterinarians and farriers for regular check-ups and treatments.
– Manage inventory of feed, supplies, and equipment
– Strong knowledge of animal care and husbandry practices
– Ability to operate hand tools, power tools, and heavy equipment safely and effectively
– Basic math skills for measuring feed quantities and calculating dosages
– Physical fitness and ability to perform lifting and manual labor tasks
– Mechanical knowledge for troubleshooting equipment issues
– Experience with gardening or greenhouse management is a plus
The successful candidate will have a passion for animals, and the ability to work independently. If you are looking for a rewarding role where you can make a difference in the lives of animals, this may be the perfect opportunity for you. Apply now to join our team as a Assistant Barn Manager!
Job Type: Part Time
Pay: From $2,900.00 per month
Professional development assistance
10 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.