Established in 1929, Weaver Eggs is a family farm founded and based in Versailles, Ohio.
We are looking for people with a sincere “can do” attitude in the daily work environment, where quality can be embraced at every level. We are proud of what we provide for the food industry and that is direct reflection of the pride, respect, and value we have for every employee.
We currently have an opening for an Assistant Production Manager. This is a 1st shift position and is expected to work 40-50 hours per week.
- Competitive Pay
- Paid vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Health Insurance
- Profit Sharing
- Career Advancement
Qualifications and Skills:
- Work with live animals and continually have their health and wellbeing at the top of the daily list. (All house workers must continually monitor three essential items – feed, water, and temperatures.)
- Responsible for managing his or her farm, or house(s), ensuring that production and feed goals are followed, and for accurately reporting production figures weekly.
- Responsible for working with house employees to ensure that everything within the houses is running smoothly.
- Responsible for managing employees, scheduling them, and enforcing WBI policy guidelines upon them.
- Responsible for working with production managers to ensure goals are met.
- Responsible for working with the WBI Nutritionist to ensure that the correct feed ratio and ingredients are being utilized in the houses and that the birds are getting the proper nutrition for their age.
- Work with WBI Veterinarians to keep birds in proper health and help identify and treat issues with bird health as they arise.
- Responsible for reporting any problem in his/her farm that is beyond normal duties to the Production Manager immediately.
- Responsible for filling out all necessary paperwork and ensuring that it is distributed and sent to the correct areas. This may include using a computer and fax machine. (General computer training will be provided if needed.)
- High school education is required/post secondary training (direct courses or training certifications) in poultry management is also required – previous experience in layer house operations, farming or grain operations, or general agricultural experience is highly desired.
- Employee must be capable of understanding, preventing, and identifying contagious poultry diseases that could have a large impact on confined poultry. Training or post secondary training in this area is required.
- Must have a basic knowledge of electricity and its function in the layer houses.
- Must be capable or be capable of learning how to perform maintenance on a variety of equipment – such as egg and feed conveying systems.
- Must be capable of working in a physically demanding environment
- Must be able to perform misc. management job functions – must be able to make quick and rational decisions in dealing with personnel, equipment, etc., and must be able to direct questions or problems to the Production Manager
- Must have excellent communication and people skills – must be able to motivate and or discipline other house employees to fulfill their job to the best of their ability.
- Must be capable of treating ALL employees in the complex with respect and courtesy.
- Must be able to follow all WBI safety and biosecurity standards thoroughly
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at once – the ability to deal with stressful situations
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit an application on our company website: weavereggs.com
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $21.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- On call
- Weekend availability
- Do you have or live on a property where there are chickens?
- Agriculture: 1 year (Required)
- Supervising: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Required)
Work Location: In person