Assistant Farm Operations Manager in Salem, OR
Pan American Berry GrowersFarm Jobs in Oregon • Agronomy Jobs
Pan American Berry Growers, a People First leader in the Blueberry growing and packing Industry, based in Salem Oregon, is seeking a full-time, collaborative, motivated, and experienced, Assistant Farm Operations Manager to join our team.
As an integral part of our company’s leadership team, this position will assist in managing our farming activities for our Salem farm.
The assistant farm manager will help plan, organize, and direct the activities of our farming team members to achieve the company’s goals of producing the highest quality Blueberries, while maximizing yields and efficiency, in an expanding people and acreage environment.
The duties will include helping to coordinate:
- Blueberry growing activities, such as pesticide and fertilization applications, irrigation system management, pruning, and harvest activities.
- Provides leadership, direction, and oversight to our farm team while disseminating and implementing farm operating schedules to ensure optimum timely operations, while meeting the high standards of growing high quality Blueberries in a safe and professional environment.
- Assures and promotes effective communication between departments and key personnel with timely collaboration with other Co-Leadership Team members.
- Works directly with other Co-Leadership Team members to ensure implementation of all regulatory compliance, including people safety, food safety, and other compliance goals.
- Helping to coordinate with our small group of partner growers.
Our ideal candidate must possess the following skills, experience, and education:
- Passionate and enthusiastic about Horticulture and have an understanding of producing safe Blueberries for consumers.
- A degree in agronomy or closely related field or a minimum of five years of on farm experience.
- PC based computer skills and learning ability for Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, as well as other software platforms.
- Excellent communication, record keeping, and time management skills.
- Works well under pressure, managing multiple priorities while putting team and people first.
- Bi-lingual is desired and a very strong plus.
- A clean driving record is mandatory.
We encourage any qualified candidates that are interested in working for one of leaders in the Northwest Blueberry Industry, to apply today.
Please email Cover Letter and Resume to our Director of HR. Thank You!
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.