The Assistant Hatchery Manager will manage and provides direction for hatchery operations necessary to support live production needs. To have knowledge of, but not limited to, incubation, mechanical, management skills, OSHA, government regulations, sanitation. To have management skills necessary to provide leadership and direction for all associates of the hatchery.
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Directly responsible for the supervision and safety of all associates that work in the hatchery. To set up and enforce safety programs, committees, to instruct associates on all local, state, federal, and Company safety programs.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the building and all equipment. To maintain inventories, equipment, parts, and supplies as needed for operations.
- Responsible for Quality and Production requirements. Initiates programs to accomplish the best possible hatchability with a healthy chick. Goal setting to accomplish competitive CPMH in all departments. Participate in QIP.
- Responsible for all government required reporting such as Community Right to Know, EPA, and all State and Federal requirements.
- Responsible for assisting in meeting the set budget of the hatchery. Assist in setting goals in all cost areas to stay competitive with other hatcheries.
- Be able to perform any and all jobs within the hatchery in times of absenteeism of staff.
High School diploma.
Bachelors degree preferred in Agriculture or related field.
0 -3 years. Reading, writing, analytical and communications skills
Management, hatchery and/or poultry experience preferred.
Environmental Factors and Physical Requirements
Exposed to temperatures ranging from 60 degrees to 105 degrees and humidity up to 100%. Work in a wet, damp, dusty (chick down) environment. Exposed to chemicals, drugs and vaccines to be covered in MSDS training and hazardous communication training. Must use protective equipment as required. Be able to travel throughout the operation.
Perdue Foods is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into it’s second century of growth and innovation. With a goal of becoming the most trusted name in premium proteins, we create products for consumers and for retail and foodservice customers around the globe, while changing the way animals are raised for food.
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.