Tyson Foods, Inc
Starting Wage: $16.45
Plus, additional shift differential for evenings, nights and weekends.
Competitive benefits, including:
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Critical illness, accident, and hospital indemnity insurance
- Stock purchase plan
- Educational Assistance Program (including GED assistance, Citizenship assistance, ESL, and tuition reimbursement)
- Referral incentives
- Paid vacation
Schedule: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, including holidays
Hours: Beginning at 4:00 a.m. until job is complete. Typically, these positions generally average 40 hours a week.
Work schedule is subject to change based upon production needs.
At Tyson Foods, the safety of our team members is our top priority. For that reason, successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their 45th day of employment. Successful applicants will need to show proof of at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine on or before their start date.
- This position is responsible for vaccination, blood pull, movement and movement of all Cobb products serviced by the Cobb Grandparent operation
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Vaccinate GP Chickens (50%)
- Move pullets (40%)
- Operate a high pressure and regular water hose, maintains foot pans and hand sanitizers, Clean and Disinfect Cobb vehicles, maintain a clean an organized work area. (6%)
- Move spike males (4%)
Biosecurity/Animal Welfare Requirements:
- The jobsite is a biosecure environment which requires showering, changing clothing and footwear before entering the facility. The Company provides appropriate clothing and footwear. No jewelry may be worn on the jobsite except for medical ID jewelry and body piercings covered by appropriate clothing. Must be willing to sign an agreement to avoid any avian species (chickens, ducks, birds, etc.). Must be willing to sign and abide by the Company Biosecurity and Company Animal Welfare Guidelines.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Physical: Must use safe lifting techniques. Must regularly lift and/or move up to thirty pounds and may be required to lift and/or move up to one hundred pounds at times. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear; and drive a vehicle to and from the job sites. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision; distance vision; color vision; peripheral vision; depth perception; and the ability to adjust focus.
- During the current Pandemic (2020), all Team Members will be required to wear company issued facial coverings. Training will be provided to each Team Member specific to their job and their facility location in addition to signing an acknowledgement form they understand these expectations. It is considered an essential function of each job for a Team Member to wear the company issued facial coverings. If a Team Member indicates they will not wear the mask, they will not be considered for the position in which they are applying or any position that requires the facial covering. If a Team Member has a medical condition or disability that prevents them from wearing the mask, Cobb will engage in an interactive process to determine whether a reasonable accommodation can be provided that addresses the safety concerns associated with the Pandemic and allow the Team Member to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Tools and Equipment: Vaccination Needles
- Environment: Required to work on wet, slippery surfaces and in hot, dry, dusty, wet, and cold environments.
- Personal Protective Equipment Required: Safety glasses, Safety goggles, face shield, chemical gloves, waterproof apron, and rubber boots are required when handling chemicals. Ear plugs and earmuffs will be used as needed.
- Chemical Commonly Used: Phenolic based disinfectants.
- Safety: Team Member is expected to follow all applicable safety policies and procedures. These include but are not limited to Hazard Communication, Respiratory Protection, Lock out Tag out, and Personal Protective equipment. Team Member is expected to identify, address, and mitigate safety related risks.
- Qualified applicants must have at least 6 months of work experience with one employer over the past 3 years with no gaps in employment of over 6 months. (Exceptions are made for layoffs, attending school, or the birth of a child)
- Candidates must reside within the current recruitment area to include the following counties: White, Hall, Lumpkin, Habersham, and Banks
- Candidates with agricultural or production experience will be considered preferred
Relocation Assistance Eligible:
1ST SHIFT (United States of America)
Hourly Applicants ONLY -You must complete the task after submitting your application to provide additional information to be considered for employment.
Tyson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
CCPA Notice. If you are a California resident, and would like to learn more about what categories of personal information we collect when you apply for this job, and how we may use that information, please read our CCPA Job Applicant Notice at Collection
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.