Are you an experienced Farm Manager looking to relocate to beautiful rural Vermont? Do you have expertise and experience raising Beef and Lamb?
Kelly has a wonderful opportunity for a Commercial Farm Manager in the Quechee / Hartford, VT area, right near the New Hampshire state line.
This is a Direct Hire opportunity with a starting salary of $75,000 – $80,000, an excellent benefits package, and paid relocation for the right candidate! Our great partner owns a 400-acre Beef & Lamb farm with some goats and sheep as well.
The current staff includes an Assistant Farm Manager as well as two farmhands, and you will partner closely with the owner on the vision and day—to-day responsibilities of the farm. The ideal candidate is someone ready for the “next step” with experience working on a big farm and is ready to take over in a leadership role.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Demonstrate a passion for agriculture and cattle
- Implement strategies for maximum yield and return on investment with agricultural production or cattle commercialization
- Create plans to develop farm operations for Farm to Table operations
- Hire, train, and supervise staff during growth periods
- Create budgets and prepare reports and forecasts
- Manages inventory and purchases supplies
- Repair machinery and maintain vehicles and equipment to ensure top performance
- Solicit vendors and establish vendor relationships contacts through price negotiations and contracts
- Conduct best farming practices and keep abreast of developments in agricultural science and local State requirements
- Prepare feed for the animals and nurse unwell animals
- Oversee and manage the pasture as well as farm buildings, facilities, and landscaping
- Monitor farm progress and keep accurate records
Skills and Requirements:
- Proven track record of efficiently and responsibly running a farming operation through sound business decisions
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Animal Science or equivalent years of experience required
- Minimum 3 years of experience in pasture management and raising Beef and Lamb
- Demonstrate leadership, management skills, problem-solving, and analytical and critical thinking skills
- Sound knowledge of landscape maintenance to include pesticides, herbicides, fertilizers, and controlled burning
- Operate tractors and other light machinery, administer vaccines to livestock, and maintain vaccination and veterinary care records
- Maintain all safety standards and protocols in accordance with state and federal laws
- Must have a valid driver’s license
Apply today or contact Mark Tower with your resume at Ma[email protected] for consideration. Let’s get to work!
You should know:
Your safety matters! Visit the COVID-19 Resource Center for the latest information, policies, and frequently asked questions.
Get a complete career fit with Kelly®.
You’re looking to keep your career moving onward and upward, and we’re here to help you do just that. Our staffing experts connect you with top companies for opportunities where you can learn, grow, and thrive. Jobs that fit your skills and experience, and most importantly, fit right on your path of where you want to go in your career.
Work changes everything. And at Kelly, we’re obsessed with where it can take you. To us, it’s about more than simply accepting your next job opportunity. It’s the fuel that powers every next step of your life. It’s the ripple effect that changes and improves everything for your family, your community, and the world. Which is why, here at Kelly, we are dedicated to providing you with limitless opportunities to enrich your life—just ask the 300,000 people we employ each year.
Kelly Services is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We welcome, value, and embrace diversity at all levels and are committed to building a team that is inclusive of a variety of backgrounds, communities, perspectives, and abilities. At Kelly, we believe that the more inclusive we are, the better services we can provide. Requests for accommodation related to our application process can be directed to Kelly’s Human Resource Knowledge Center. Kelly complies with the requirements of California’s state and local Fair Chance laws. A conviction does not automatically bar individuals from employment.