This Simplot Grower Solutions role provides customer service to growers through the sale of crop nutrition, crop protection, seed, specialty, technology and other agronomic products and consultative services.
The role is led under the general direction of the Area Sales Manager, who provides support and leadership to all Crop Advisors within specifically recognized agronomic geographies to achieve the Company’s financial goals and operational objectives.
- Promote and live the Simplot brand as the best-in-class Agricultural distributor. Grow new business and manage a customer base within a defined area to meet and exceed area sales and profitability goals and gross margin targets.
- Seek out product and service opportunities for current customers that enhance both Simplot and the customer’s bottom line. Market products to growers by initiating sales calls, providing advice and consultative services, and monitoring individualized agronomic programs in respect to use of crop protection, crop nutrition, seed, specialty, technology and other related areas. Emphasize and sell proprietary products where appropriate to maximize profitability.
- Collaborate with other Crop Advisors, as directed by Region Managers and/or Market Managers, to increase knowledge, develop sales, marketing, manage customer relationships and increase profits in the Sales Area.
- Regularly interface with the Region Manager and Market Manager to execute market strategies, report sales trends and competitor activities, as well as opportunities and challenges in the geography.
- Ensure adequate follow-through in regards to operational aspects of the business such as delivery, application and billing are handled appropriately. Regularly and reliably communicate with operations to ensure strong performance in delivery and service outcomes.
- Maintain customer agronomic records, assist in establishing customer financial records and collaborate with the Area Financial Services Manager in the establishment of credit and resolution of credit matters.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from 4 year college or university is preferred (Equivalent experience of education and experience will be considered for meeting the minimum requirements of the role).
- 3+ years related experience and/or training
- Established book-of-business desired.
- Required computer skills include knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel and Outlook.
- Demonstrated focus on meeting customer expectations and working to deliver excellent customer service.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing with management, other team members, and customers.
- Must be self-driven, self-motivated, and customer service-oriented, while being an effective team player.
- CCA and PCA are preferred.
Job Requisition ID: 12713
Travel Required: Up to 50%
Pay Grade: Crop Advisor Grade
Location(s): SGS Retail – Russellville
Country: United States
The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. The J.R. Simplot Company is a true farm-to-table company with operations that touch every aspect of agriculture, including seed production, farming and ranching, plant sciences, fertilizer manufacturing, food processing, commercial product development, and distribution.
**The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.**