Lancaster Dairy Herd Improvement Association (Lancaster DHIA) provides milk testing, local lab testing, and on-farm field services in the mid-Atlantic and Northeastern US. Our mission is to help our members and the agriculture community prosper while promoting a safe and abundant food supply. Our core values are teamwork, integrity, the golden rule, pride, and innovation. To learn more, visit our website at https://www.lancasterdhia.com.
We are seeking a Dairy Herd Field Technician to join our team. Dairy Herd Field Technicians perform the following job duties:
· Collect milk samples from member dairy farmers in their assigned region;
· Provide great customer service support to dairy farmers;
· Package for shipping of milk samples to our testing lab;
· Provide accurate and reliable recordkeeping services; and
· Connect with new farmers to grow their region.
This position services the area of Southern Lancaster County and is a full-time position with a compensation structure of approximately $3,600 per month to start. There is room to grow in responsibility and compensation. Incumbents must provide their own transportation (there is mileage reimbursement).
We are seeking candidates with the following experience and skills:
· Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills;
· Strong customer service skills;
· Willingness to learn our business;
· Strong work ethic and dependability;
· Self-starters with high initiative;
· Ability to work independently;
· Valid driver’s license with good driving record (including a reliable vehicle with moderate equipment hauling capacity); and
· Experience with dairy farming is a plus.
Lancaster DHIA offers a competitive compensation and a benefits package, including health insurance, 401(k) program, and paid vacation. We also offer a great working environment, local and regional travel, and opportunities to serve the farming community. To apply, submit your resume to [email protected].
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Choose your own hours
Supplemental pay types:
- Commission pay
Work Location: On the road
To apply for this job, please click here to apply