Pineland FarmsFarm Jobs in Maine • Dairy Farm Jobs
The Dairy Herd Supervisor reports to the Farm Manager and is responsible for the care of our livestock herd.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Oversee daily care of dairy cattle including issues related to breeding, marketing, herd health, etc.
- Work with the Farm Manager to identify goals for future objectives.
- Serve as point of contact for marketing of genetics.
- Coordinate show schedule and determine cattle selections for Pineland Farms show and sale animals.
- Work with Farm Manager to determine amounts and quality of feed.
- Work with consultants determining best approaches for improving herd genetics.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Full-time year-round position.
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture-related field preferred.
- Passion, knowledge of and experience with dairy cattle and agriculture.
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
- Ability to adapt to various leadership styles and manage multiple tasks.
- Experience operating various types of agricultural equipment helpful.
- Knowledge and experience with dairy genetics, animal health, wellbeing, and goal achievement through modern and innovative techniques.
- Willingness to work an unconventional schedule, including early mornings, evenings and weekends as necessary.
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Paid time off
- Long-term disability
- Short-term disability
- 20% off in-store purchases
- Free admission to Pineland Farms activities such as cross-country skiing, disc golf, mountain biking, etc.