We are a diversified family farm raising grassfed to finish beef, pork, lamb and pasture poultry. We are looking for a quality person to join our like minded team and help handle day to day operations on the farm.
The first and foremost requirement is that you are a person of integrity committed to continuous improvement and passionate about pasture based agriculture.
Farm Manager Responsibilities
-Overseeing over 600 acres of pasture land spread across multiple farms.
-Manage daily cattle and sheep moves in a management intensive grazing (MIG)/ mob grazing model.
-Build and take down multiple portable electric fences daily.
-Oversee animal care and welfare.
-Daily oversight of pasture poultry houses and planned moves corresponding with cattle and sheep grazing.
-Oversee scheduling for any needed help, poultry catch crews, and animal transportation
-Equipment preventative maintenance and upkeep
-Fence upkeep and maintenance.
-Instill a spirit of excellence in those you work with and interact with.
– Vehicle Maintenance
– Periodic planting, brush hogging, harvesting with equipment.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 – $20.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Commission pay
You work outside all day.
- 1. What interests you about this position?
2. Do you have any prior grazing or farm management experience?
3. Tell us a little about yourself.
4. Why do you believe you would be a good fit for this position?
5. What other pertinent skills do you possess?
6. Would your friends and associates consider you to be a person of character and integrity?
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Work Location: In person