Did you know that poultry production is the number one agricultural business in Alabama? The work at our center supports and protects the Alabama poultry industry, and significantly advances the university’s standing as a global leader in poultry research, instruction, and outreach.
Our farm includes a Feed Mill and Animal Nutrition building, the Poultry Infectious Disease Biocontainment Research Facility, the National Poultry Technology Center, several poultry houses, a hatchery, a 20,000 sq. ft. processing plant, and an administration and classroom building.
The type of candidate who is a fit for this job will enjoy the tough jobs that come along with farm work and loves it when every day is different!
Why work as a Farm Assistant at the Miller Center?
- Steady, reliable employment!
- 7:30am – 4:30pm Monday – Friday schedule (with some variation as needed)
- State benefits that include: health insurance, retirement program, generous vacation and sick leave, parental leave, and tuition waivers for you and your dependents!
- You’ll gain valuable experience to advance your career!
- The work is meaningful and contributes to the impact the Miller Center has on the poultry industry!
Employees will be responsible for:
- Operating, repairing, and maintaining various research, food processing, and farm-type equipment.
- Conducting poultry husbandry practices to ensure compliance with animal welfare standards, research protocols, and other defined criteria.
- Performing and recording routine measurements, making calculations or observations.
- Repairing and maintaining animal (production) support and processing facilities related to research and teaching.
- Performing other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Level 1 requires: High school diploma or GED.
- Level 2 requires: High school diploma or GED plus 1 year of experience in farming practices or related work.
- Level 3 requires: High school diploma or GED plus 4 years of experience in farming practices or related work.
- Level 4: High school diploma or equivalent plus 6 years of experience in farming practices or related work.
Must have a valid driver’s license.
AUBURN UNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
To apply for this job, please click here to apply