FeedMore Western New York, Inc
FeedMore WNY is seeking an experienced Farm Coordinator to oversee and be responsible for maintaining its hydroponic container farm program and assisting the facilities team with various facilities duties.
The position will be responsible for container farm planting, crop and equipment maintenance, compliance, documentation of proper policies and procedures, as well as crop milestones.
- Oversee all farm operations and phases of produce production, including plant life cycle, irrigation, and pest management
- Perform a variety of tasks which may include: planting seeds, watering, labeling, transporting plants at different stages, harvesting, washing and storing produce
- Ensures that all related equipment, tools, and supplies are maintained and available
- Utilize a variety of technology and software to operate and monitor farms systems
- Act as spokesperson and educator of the program through regular tours, seminars, community meetings, and action groups
- Understand applicable regulations and follow proper food handling protocols to maintain compliance with health standards Identify, develop and communicate related policies and procedures
- Collaborate with other internal programs and agencies to distribute produce based on their needs
- Develop and utilize networks and community contacts as a resource in the development, outreach, and growth of the program.
- Provide assistance, expertise, educational support and leadership as needed for internal and external responsibilities related to the support of, growth and success of the organization’s community garden and any future growing innovations that may be implemented in the organization or in partnership in the community;
- Assists with other duties and projects as requested
- Bachelor’s Degree with 1 year or Associate’s Degree with 3-5 years experience or commensurate experience in Agriculture, Horticulture, Hydroponics, including Greenhouse or related field
- Strong critical thinking skills and ability to work independently
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and oral and written communication
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills/solid organization
- Flexible schedule; ability to travel and work in confined space
- Independent problem solving skills with the ability to analyze information
- Valid driver’s license, access to automobile and be capable of lifting of 50 lbs.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.