*Rental housing is available on site*
Moose Meadow Farm in Clark Fork, Idaho is seeking one farm crew member for the 2023 summer season, full time starting in April. The hours are five days per week April through November (up to 45 hours per week). Continued year-round employment is available for the right candidate. We are primarily looking for a candidate who can meet our goal of quality quickly. We need someone who can hustle and enjoys a fast pace of work. There is room for substantial raises and increased responsibility for the right candidate after one year of continuous employment.
Moose Meadow Farm is a small, year-round family farm owned by Katherine and Spencer Nietmann. Our two young children and four cats round out the family. Together with our crew we grow certified organic and Real Organic Project certified vegetables for local wholesale and retail markets. We specialize in year-round salad greens and microgreens production, using open field space, unheated high tunnels, and heated greenhouses. We also grow mixed vegetables and storage crops. Our sales are split between regional grocery stores and restaurants, and retail sales through a 100-family CSA membership program and a winter online marketplace. The farm is 1 acre and is worked using hand tools and very little mechanization (no tractor). Housing is available to rent in a quaint, brand new cabin on site.
Farming is a job that requires myriad skills and tasks. Some or all of the following will be required in this position, but the vast majority of the position will be spent in vegetable production, washing and packing:
- Seedling production
- Direct seeding
- Bed preparation/turnover
- Snow removal
- Greenhouse management (pruning, trellising)
- Record keeping
This is a physical, outdoor job that requires one to be moving, standing, bending, kneeling, and lifting continuously throughout the day. Good physical condition is therefore mandatory. We are hiring for a labor job on a production farm. There is plenty of room for fun and learning, but many of the tasks are repetitive and are carried out in all weather conditions.
Additional requirements include:
- Understanding that this is a family farm and the lines between the owners’ personal and professional lives may be blurry at times.
- Flexibility, as conditions and priorities change quickly.
- Positive attitude in all working conditions: hot, cold, rainy, smoky, snowy, etc. and the ability to roll with the punches and remain upbeat.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds comfortably and safely.
- Clean and professional appearance.
- Reliable transportation to the farm in Clark Fork.
- Willingness to take direction and to learn, as well as to lead, take initiative, and innovate.
- No smoking/drugs of any type on the property.
- Adherence to food safety plan.
- Legal ability to work in the US.
How To Apply:
You must submit a resume, references and letter of interest to be considered. Send us an email with the subject “Crew Member Application” containing:
- Your resume
- Two professional references: include the names and phone numbers or email addresses of at least two supervisors and what you did for them
- The best way for us to contact you about this job
- A brief cover letter including:
Relevant work experience, why you would be a good fit for our farm team, and your future career plans.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Clark Fork, ID: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location