Agmenity is a Houston-based company that strives to hire individuals who are passionate about sustainable farming, looking for a career in agriculture, and deeply believe in the power of community farming to engage, inspire, and connect people with beautiful and nutrient-dense local food.
This specific role is part of a skilled and dynamic four-person team running a community based agricultural amenity in southwest Houston. The position will have a strong emphasis on year-round organic vegetable production and will play an integral role with all field and greenhouse related activities — ie if you want to work with plants everyday, grow an abundance of food year-round, and be physically active outdoors in all seasons, then you will very likely enjoy this job.
Additionally, this position also requires significant public facing experiences through our farm tours, classes, volunteer program, and other community events.
Duties may include (but not limited to):
* Coordinating with other Farm Educators to ensure successful growth, harvest and sales of crops
* Planting, weeding, harvesting, washing, tending chickens & goats, working with small equipment, etc
* Plan and lead farm tours, classes, volunteer programming, and other community based events
* Maintaining a disciplined and well-paced work environment
* Ensuring premium quality of all produce leaving the farm
* Ensuring premium experience of all visitors to the farm
* Maintaining sanitary, safe and organized work and storage areas
* Committed to an open, inclusive, positive and respectful work environment that honors their fellow individual team members and respects all members within the broader community.
Farm Educators will work a flexible schedule depending on season and weather but will average around 45 hours a week. Farm Educators will receive two consecutive days off, and weekend (Saturday- Sunday) work and “on-call” status will regularly be required.
A minimum of one year of prior farm experience is strongly preferred, however, we are open to all candidates who are truly passionate, motivated and committed to the principles of small-scale, sustainable agriculture and growing food for people.
Applicants with education (formal and informal) in agriculture, education and other areas related to farming, gardening, and community will be given special consideration.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $42,500.00 – $47,000.00 per year
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Relocation assistance
- Why are you excited about working on a community farm?
- We want to emphasize that this is a hands-on, highly physical farming job that actively grows vegetables, fruits, and flowers year-round for a large community on a certified organic farm.
What previous experiences do you have that will allow you to be successful in this position?
- Please share any additional thoughts, comments, or ideas that will help us understand who you are as a human and why you want to work with Agmenity:
Work Location: In person