This position is responsible for inspecting, maintaining, and repairing heavy equipment, including agricultural equipment and semi-trucks. Some of the job functions include:
- Diagnosing, adjusting, repairing, or overhauling farm machinery and vehicles such as tractors, harvesters, semi-trucks, and irrigation systems.
- Diagnostics and troubleshooting on mechanical systems, electrical systems, pneumatic systems, hydraulic systems, and farm equipment.
- Preventative maintenance and inspections.
- Completing related reports as appropriate.
Candidates must have at least 60 days of verifiable experience diagnosing, adjusting, repairing, or overhauling farm machinery and vehicles. Ideal candidates will be willing to learn new areas of expertise required to perform the job duties.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
This is a physically-active position requiring frequent standing, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, and lifting/carrying objects up to 50 lbs. It requires fine motor skills and dexterity to work with a variety of equipment parts of various sizes. Work is generally performed in a mechanic shop, which can be loud and entail some physical risk.
Starting base salary will be competitive and will depend on the candidate’s qualifications. Eligibility for discretionary profit-sharing bonuses after 1 year. Information regarding the benefits package is available on our careers webpage: https://periandsons.com/join-our-team.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Work Location: In person