Synagro partners with stakeholders to clean our water, protect our environment and serve our communities by generating worth from what others consider waste. We work to protect the health of our water, our Earth and those who depend on them now and in the future. Synagro takes pride in having zero layoffs during the pandemic and the business continues to thrive during difficult times.
What good is a job without great benefits to reward your hard work? Here are some highlights of what Synagro has to offer:
- 15 days paid time off
- 10 Holidays
- Medical/Dental/Vision (within 30 days of hire)
- Health Saving Account (HSA) with company match
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 401(k) with company match (fully vested upon hire)
- Career growth and promotional opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
Responsible for being the lead person of an operations team for assigned projects or work events. Performing or directing performance of the inspecting, maintenance, control process and operation of dredging and dewatering equipment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Ability to lead and mentor others
2. Serve as a brand advocate and ambassador in every interaction with clients and the public
3. Conduct daily inspections and perform preventative maintenance on the truck/equipment
4. Comply with all DOT, state, local and in-house regulations, procedures, and rules
5. Perform loading, unloading, and timely delivery of material to assigned/approved destination
6. Travel from job site to job site or plant to job site. May involve overnight travel
7. Perform shop clean up, maintenance, and equipment/tools setup
8. Maintain operation records and enforce and maintain standard safety procedures
1. Ability to operate in confined spaces, including digester, storage tanks and holding tanks
2. Ability to work varying shifts, overtime hours and/or weekend duties, including overnight stay , and travel
3. Communication skills – verbal and written
4. Ability to operate heavy or agricultural equipment in a safe manner and perform basic maintenance of truck/equipment and process strong mechanical and electrical aptitude
5. Demonstrated strong interpersonal, problem solving and relationship building skills
6. Ability to prioritize and multi-task
7. Ability to work in a fast-paced environmental, process work rapidly, set priorities, work under pressure and follow through with assigned tasks
8. Processes and system oriented
1. Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
2. Minimum of 2 years’ experience
3. Valid Driver’s License
4. Experience in making minor repairs and adjustments to operating equipment
5. Experience in computer operation and electronic controls
6. Safe driving record: No serious tickets or accidents in last 5 years or DWI/DUI in last 10 years
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
1. Talking, Hearing, Seeing, Visual ,Pulling, Pushing, Grasping, Stooping, Crawling, Kneeling, Climbing, and Lifting up to 50-100 lbs
2. The worker is subject to both environmental conditions: Activities occur inside and out.
3. The worker is subjected to extreme heat: Temperatures above 100 degrees for periods of more than hour
4. The workers frequently is in close quarters, crawl space, shafts, manholes, small, enclosed rooms, small sewage and water line pipes, and other areas which could cause claustrophobia.
5. The worker is required to function in narrow aisles or passageways.
Salary Range: $21.00- $23.00 per hour (commensurate with experience)
We thank all individuals for their interest in Synagro however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all essential job functions, knowledge, skills, abilities, efforts, and physical or working conditions associated with a position.
Licenses & Certifications