Professional organic farming operation near Milton-Freewater, Oregon is hiring farm equipment operators. Primary daily responsibilities will be operating large scale farming equipment including tractors, combines, windrowers, backhoes, etc.
Ideal candidates will have the ability to operate semi-truck. Additional responsibilities will include supporting irrigation operations and miscellaneous other farm activities as required. These positions are fulltime and year-round. Ideal candidates will have experience operating modern farm equipment including utilizing GPS guidance systems.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Operating tractors to perform tillage, planting, cultivating, baling, raking, and harvest operations.
- Operating semi-trucks pulling several types of trailers.
- Performing regular maintenance and repairs on all equipment.
- Supporting operation of irrigation equipment including pivots, wheel lines, handlines, and pumping infrastructure.
- Supporting farm maintenance including mowing, weed eating, burning ditches, etc.
Preferred candidates will:
- Have a background in agriculture with a firm passion for the industry.
- Understand and accept that row crop farming has seasonal time commitment requirements. This will require additional hours on-farm during critical times through the growing season.
- Have experience operating modern farm equipment.
- Have experience working on row crop farming operations, organic experience ideal.
- Effectively communicate with management and co-workers.
Compensation will be based on experience. Candidates will be subject to a background check prior to beginning employment. For all questions or to apply, reply to this ad.
Job Types: Full-time, Internship
Pay: From $18.00 per hour
- 10 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Milton Freewater, OR 97862: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Farming: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Hiring 2 candidates for this role