ABOUT BELLTOWN FARMS
Belltown Farms owns and operates large scale farms in the US, transitioning land to USDA certified organic and operating them in line with regenerative principles. Belltown believes that regenerative farming provides an opportunity to produce healthy food, while having a positive impact on soil health, biodiversity, carbon emissions and local communities, as well as delivering compelling financial returns for investors. Belltown acquired its first farm in 2019 and aims to grow to 100,000 acres by 2029, spread across the US.
SUMMARY OF JOB
Safely and effectively operate equipment to support agricultural activities such as tillage, planting, cultivating and harvest as well as when moving between farms.
Essential job functions
– Safely and effectively operate farm equipment used inorganic grain crop production
– Safely drive large equipment from storage to field, occasionally on public roads
– Understand the basics of grain bin safety
– Basic maintenance and repair of equipment
– Keep equipment clean and in good order
– Run farm errands at supervisors request
– Assist in training less experienced teammates
– Adhere to all safety requirements of Belltown Farms, helping to identify and resolve hazards
– Load and unload grain storage, seed, and equipment as needed
– Accurately document grain shipments as per company protocols.
– Maintenance and repair of farm infrastructure. Maintain a clean and organized working environment and perform basic housekeeping duties as requested by the Supervisor
– Valid Drivers License; clean driving record
– DOT Physical (upon hire)
– Desire to learn
– Demonstrate critical thinking and problem-solving skills
– Ability to take direction and stay on task without constant direct supervision
– Strong work ethic / take pride in your work
– Attention to detail in daily tasks
– Adapt to changes in priorities
– Not afraid to ask for help or escalate an issue
– Communicate respectfully, clearly and openly with others
– Ability to work additional hours during Harvest seasons
– CDL preferred but not required
– Competitive rate, based on experience
– Overtime pay and guaranteed minimum hours
– Vacation, sick, and holiday pay
– Medical, dental, and vision insurance (100% employer-paid for employee and 50% for dependents)
– 401k employer contribution
– Working outdoors and walking on uneven terrain
– Ability to work in dusty conditions
– Ability to sit, climb and balance as well as bend and kneel frequently
– Ability to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds or more occasionally. Twisting with weight as needed.
– Manual dexterity, coordination and constant movement and use of limbs required.
Belltown is an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring equality, tackling discrimination, promoting diversity in our workforce, creating an inclusive working environment, and fostering good relationships between diverse groups of employees. All employees and job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of race, color, ancestry, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, marital or civil union status, disability, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, veteran status, or any other class protected under federal, state, or local law.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Type: Full Time
Pay: $21.00 – $25.00 per hour
Expected hours: No less than 35 per week
Paid time off
8 hour shift
Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
Kempton, IL: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Farming: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: In person