Title: Farm Field Hand
Dept: Field Hours: 45 hours weekly, 7:30 to 5pm with some flexibility. Part time positions available.
Report to: Farm Field Manager
Wage: Starting at $17.50-$22.00 an hour depending on experience
The Field Hand is an entry-level and is responsible for the planting, maintenance, harvesting, and post harvest of all our local crops.
We are a highly diversified farm that harvests produce directly from our fields to be sold in our Farmstand, at Farmer’s Markets, and to local Martha’s Vineyard Island businesses.
A summer seasonal peak of about 25-30 Field Hands (along with 5-10 year-round Field Hands) will assist the experienced and knowledgeable Field Leaders in carrying out all farm-wide tasks. Team members should have a strong work ethic and be ready to learn about the tools and trades of farming. With a great diversity of tasks, this is the best position for someone new to farming and/or manual labor.
In our daily work, we:
- Are willing to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Perform field work including, but not limited to, seeding, transplanting, hand weeding, hoeing, moving irrigation, watering and harvesting
- Use and safely handle farm equipment including tillers, wheelbarrows, tools and hand-tools such as shears and knives.
- Move quickly while supporting our very high quality standards. Food quality and efficiency is very important to us.
- Perform related farm duties as assigned.
To apply for this job, please click here to apply