The Farm Foreman II, under direction, supervises and participates in farm work including protection of crops.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Operates vehicles and farm equipment including combines, tractors, tillage implements, sprayers, shredders, planters, etc., in performing research and crop production duties.
- Assists in implementing short and long-term plans using technology to improve productivity and optimize performance.
- Maintains monthly equipment and seed inventories.
- Assists in maintaining adequate custodial care of all farm buildings.
- Assists in training, supervising and coaching staff to perform work safely on the farm and seek training opportunities for further professional development.
- Assists in planting, maintaining, and harvesting research and production fields
- Supervises farm workers and employees as needed.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
- Collects samples and measurement data from experiments. Implements and maintains data collection and summarization of field trials.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education – High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience – Four years of related experience.
Knowledge of – Knowledge of farm machinery and equipment.
Ability to – Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others.
Physical Requirements – Ability to lift moderately heavy objects.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Supervision of Others
This position generally supervises employees.
- Work beyond normal business hours and/or work on weekends.
- Position may involve work away from official duty location to remote sites and may also require overnight travel at times.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.