The Poultry Farm Manager position is overseeing the feeding, checking birds, flock health, removing dead or sick birds, animal handling, cleaning equipment/facility maintenance, ensuring proper ventilation, maintaining facilities in good working order, monitoring flock behavior to detect any signs of illness, and keeping detailed records. Ultimately responsible for the day-to-day monitoring of all poultry on the farm and reports of animal health. Once an individual is trained and ready to manage a farm independently. Housing on location will be provided.
Job Title: Chicken Farm “Broilers” Production Manager
Reports to: Poultry Farm Management Team / CEO
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Ensure the wellbeing of all poultry on the farm.
- Maintains the cleanliness of the farm through groundskeeping and general upkeep.
- Maintains the working condition of the farm buildings and equipment.
- Utilizes farm equipment and machinery for work purposes.
- Alerts the onsite farm Director or CEO to any concerns.
- Daily checking of poultry, housing systems (feed, lights, air water, and sanitation) to ensure that all systems are working properly.
- Adheres to farm policies and procedures by ensuring all procedures and processes related to the poultry.
- Monitors animal health and production by keeping current on required practices and methods relating to animal health.
- Maintains all associated records including daily flock performance records and certification documentation.
- Works closely and communicates regularly with the On-Site Corporate Production Director / CEO regarding animal health and monitoring.
- Normal Work hours are during the day However, it will include nights, weekends and holidays depending on flock age and conditions.
- Producing the best healthiest birds.
- Work is carried out in varying weather conditions and extreme temperatures.
Qualifications and Skills:
Graduation from high school or equivalent
Physical strength and stamina
A practical mindset
Problem solving skills.
The ability to use one’s own initiative.
Experience with raising and handling poultry.
Demonstrate ability to work independently with high productivity and impeccable integrity
Proficient with Basic computers/Google Apps/ using of cell phone apps.
Communication -written and oral
Dedication to furthering the successful development of the farming environment.
Valid Driver’s License in good standing.
Pre-employment drug testing is done.
Experience with working /supervising over broilers on a poultry farm and overseeing the maintenance on operational / specialized equipment. Candidates should demonstrate management skills and follow ethical standards. Must need basic computer skills to report on farm operations and keep records of production. Eight qualities that will make you successful: self-motivated, strong decision making, problem solvers, excellent communication, the ability to work with people, good leadership, knowledge of key equipment practices and trusts data more than intuition.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $31,258.00 – $43,196.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Alliance, OH: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Farming: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Hiring 2 candidates for this role