Field Crew Position
TEMPORARY/SEASONAL POSITION – MAY THROUGH END OF AUGUST (Can extend to October if available)
Gibbet Hill Farm located in Groton MA is s now hiring two (2) season field crew members for the 2023 growing season!
Starting dates end of May/early June until late august/early September or as late as October.
This is a Full time (Monday to Friday 7am – 3pm plus one to two short half days per month).
Who we are
Gibbet Hill Farm (http://www.gibbethillfarm.com) is a 1.5 acre, minimal-till diversified farm located in Groton, MA. Our farm is part of the Webber Restaurant Group, an independent, family-owned restaurant group. We are primarily dedicated to supplying produce to our chefs. We also operate a small 30 member CSA to community members. In addition a series farm-to-table dinners are held throughout the growing season on site that are able to showcase the abundant and beautiful produce we grow.
At Gibbet Hill we grow a mix of seasonal veggies, herbs, perennial fruit & berries, microgreens, edible and cut flowers, along with raising a small herd of lambs and pigs and soon chickens. This will be our eighth season using a minimal till system and organic practices.
The two crew members will work with the farm manager and assistant manager on all aspects of field and greenhouse work, including field prep, seeding, planting, weeding, harvesting and wash/pack. Crew members also make restaurant deliveries and help with livestock chores. If you like being outside, getting your hands dirty, and growing tasty food then you will want to apply
Essential Job Functions:
- General field work (seeding, weeding, planting, harvesting, washing & packing)
- Restaurant deliveries
- Livestock chores (feeding, changing out bedding)
- Occasionally instructing and working alongside individual volunteers
- Acting as a liaison between the farm, chefs, CSA members and the general public
- Previous farm experience is preferred
- Interest in minimal till, regenerative agriculture
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Willing to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Punctual and attentive to time management and efficiency
- Good at making observations, following instructions and asking questions
- Must be a cooperative, supportive team player but also have the fortitude and focus to work independently
- Must be comfortable working at a fast pace and being flexible about changing up tasks depending on weather and other uncontrollable factors
- You must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to bend repeatedly, stand for long periods of time, work on your knees and complete repetitive work for extended periods of time
- Comfort working with animals is preferable
The Webber Restaurant Group is an equal opportunity employer