The Farm Hand position will involve field work related to all of the crops grown at Beasley’s. They will be working under the supervision of our owner/operator and will frequently be working along side other field employees completing all tasks related to specialty crop production including; field prep, planting, chemical/fertilizer application, harvesting, and packing.
We grow a wide variety of crops on a small-medium scale so most days will involve performing numerous tasks, often for more than one crop. This position will also have involvement with our retail and agritourism operations, especially during our busy fall season.
Beasley’s Orchard is a multi-generational farm that grows a wide variety of speciality crops, including strawberries, sweet corn, apples, pumpkins, and more! There are many specialized tasks involved in growing such a wide variety of produce, adding plenty of diversity to each day. We are searching for an individual to become a committed team member that is interested in full-time work as our farm continues to grow!
- Perform necessary daily tasks as instructed by manager. Examples of tasks may include equipment operation, maintenance, input application, and overseeing harvest activities
- Perform crop scouting activities including the identification of pest and disease pressure as well as nutrient deficiencies
- Help maintain production records including fertilizer and chemical applications
- Assist with off-site pick-ups and deliveries as needed
- Be at least 18 years of age and possess a high school diploma or GED
- Be willing to work long hours, sometimes 12+ hours/day and 7 days/week
- Have an ability and desire to perform a mixture of equipment operation and manual labor. Manual labor will include bending, kneeling, squatting, and routinely lifting 75 lbs+. Work will take place primarily outdoors in ALL weather conditions including extreme heat and cold
- Prior experience is preferred (but not required) in the following fields; commercial horticulture, customer service/sales, and transportation/logistics
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $15.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Farm machinery: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: In person
Hiring 10+ candidates for this role
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.