Burco Farms Partnership is a progressive family-owned commercial corn, soybean, hay, and hog farm based in Northeast Iowa. Burco Sales Inc., another company but at the same address is also a dealership, for Kuhn Krause, Parker, Geringhoff, Hustler, Redneck Blinds, etc.
The farm has been early adopters of leading-edge technologies that improve the efficiency, quality, and overall effectiveness of processes, yet returning a profitable ROI for the farm.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Operate Farm equipment, such as tractors, semis, sprayers, planters, mowers, forklifts, etc.
- Assist in fertility and chemical programs for field crops
- Assist in field preparation, planting, cultivation, side-dressing, mowing, spraying, and harvesting
- Performs maintenance and calibration on equipment.
- Help build new tillage equipment, mowers, etc. in off-field season.
- Other work-related duties as assigned by the leader.
- Manage time efficiently and effectively
- Willing to work in varying field conditions and seasonal increases in working hours
- Good communication and problem-solving skills
- Work in both a team environment and individually
- Attention to detail
- Skills in fabrication of farm equipment considered a plus
- Able to follow instructions and complete projects independently
*Must be willing to work extended hours as needed, primarily during planting and harvesting seasons. On average, hours typically are and subject to change:
Off seasons (Typically mid-November though 1st of April and May 25th through September 20th): Monday through Friday 8 to 5 p.m. with a lunch break. Tending or being the applicator for side-dressing and spaying may require later/earlier hours during the week days in the summer.
Peak Seasons (Typically April 1st-May 25th and September 20th through November 20th) Monday through Friday 7:30 A.M. to 9-10 P.M. Weekend hours are around 8 A.M. to 8-9 P.M. We work with mother nature, so every day is different. Your supervisor will let you know daily what the work plan is for that specific day.
Must have experience on a row crop farm. Must be able and willing to work in all types of weather, years of experience, be able to lift in excess of 50 pounds, have good communications skills (both written and verbal), and be flexible in hours, as farm work can be unpredictable.
Education and/or experience:
No education is required but is a plus. Prior experience on a row crop farm is required. High School or GED is required. CDL’s, applicators license, college degree, and other certifications are a plus and will be rewarded.
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented — results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable — traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 – $20.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Farming: 2 years (Required)
- CDL A (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Required)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: One location