The Farm Labor position is one of the most important jobs at Makapueo Farms. You are responsible for the maintenance of farms and the processing of raw cherry. This is a full-time long term position. During the coffee season, you must be available on the weekends and holidays.
Requirements for this position are:
- Be able to lift 100lbs.
- Be able to work outside on your feet for 8 to 10-hour shifts
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Ability to use a scale and fill out a receipt book for raw coffee weights
- Must work well with others
- Must be able to follow directions from Manager
Farm duties include:
- Use of landscaping machinery such as weedwhackers, chainsaws, and wood chippers.
- Planting, irrigating and tending coffee plants from seed to harvest.
- Pulling coffee tree shoots and pruning trees.
- Mixing, spreading and applying fertilizers and herbicide.
- General landscaping duties such as clearing land or digging new routes for irrigation. Wet Mill
- Moving, weighing and tallying 100lb coffee bags. During coffee season this is very labor-intensive!
- Pulping coffee
- Raking dry deck
- Performing beetle report tests
Available shifts and compensation: Available shifts all days except Sundays. Compensation is $17.00/hour.
Learn more about us at Makapueo.com.
By applying to this job, you agree to receive periodic text messages from this employer and Homebase about your pending job application. Opt out anytime. Msg & data rates may apply.