Farm Laborer in Melrose, MN
Melrose Feed Mill is looking to fill a position for Turkey Grower/Farm Worker. Here at Melrose Feed Mill we value our employees and their needs because each and every employee is a vital part of our team.
We are a family owned and operated feed mill and turkey farm operation with flexible hours and great benefits. We are looking for highly motivated people who can work independently as well as in a team atmosphere in the Melrose area.
Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for daily care, health and maintenance for all turkeys at designated work sites as well as handling and loading birds as needed.
- Responsible for completing general barn duties which involve feeding and bedding upkeep.
- Responsible for maintaining proper care of the barn equipment used in your daily tasks.
- Working with team members to accomplish daily farm goals in a timely and efficient manner.
- Drive and operate tractors and skid loaders – previous experience is a plus.
- Keeping detailed and accurate records as required.
- Do each task in a complete and efficient manner as trained by farm leadership.
- Understanding the importance of Animal Welfare and our Biosecurity policies are required for your success in this position. Therefore you will always be expected to maintain all biosecurity standards and uphold all company and safety regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities include but are not limited to:
- Ability to frequently bend, reach, squat, and kneel.
- Knowledge and experience of operation of tractors and skid loaders.
- Ability to handle physical work; lifting up to 75 pounds.
- Strong interest in working with animals with a desire to learn and excel in self-development.
- Dependable and motivated, able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to display a high level of respect to team members and animals at all times.
The ideal candidate will have a desire to work with turkeys, a willingness to learn, a high level of dependability and motivation, a solid work history, and the ability to read, write and understand English. Candidates are required to be authorized to work in the United States.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may be required to perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
What we can offer you:
Competitive hourly compensation, based on experience.
Heath, Dental, Life Insurance
Benefit Reimbursement Plan
Simple IRA with company match
Ongoing hands on train and personal development
A flexible and fun work atmosphere
Education: High school diploma or GED desired
Experience: No previous experience working with turkeys required due to excellent on the job training.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $39,000.00 – $45,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Melrose, MN 56352: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Farming: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: In person
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.