Farm Manager for Farm in Southeast
An established and well-known produce/farming company is seeking a Farm Manager for their operation in Georgia.
This position will manage and oversee farm operation workers to cultivate farm acreage, plant seed/sprouts, apply soil treatments, irrigate crops, apply chemical or organic supplements, harvest and transport a variety of fruits or vegetables to packaging and processing facilities.
They work closely with the director to decide schedules, timing and personnel needs.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Oversee farming operations
- Provide day to day leadership
- Analyze farming practices to optimize quality/yields
- Develop crop budgets and crop input costs
- Ensure optimum growth and quality of crops
- Ensure company is in compliance with all governmental agencies and regulatory agencies
- Direct and coordinate daily production to achieve the most efficient cost of production while meeting the maximum yield and quality goals.
- Continually monitor and evaluate the efficiency of operations, equipment and work practices
- Manage a labor force to accomplish the general farming goals stated above
- 5 + years Farming/Agricultural background with vegetable or fruits
- H2A labor experience
- Strong leadership and motivational skills
- Knowledge of and practical experience with agricultural cropping systems, pest and disease control, production practices and crop maintenance
- Knowledge and practical experience with production equipment
- Ability to manage, coordinate and communicate daily with crews
- Candidate must be comfortable with technology
- Multi-task oriented, detail oriented, ability to work well with others, and good organizational skills.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred
Strong Competitive salary based on experience plus benefits.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 – $120,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Georgia: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Farming: 5 years (Required)
Work Location: One location