Black Gold Farms in Delhi, LA has an opportunity available for an experienced Farm Manager.
This position is responsible for leading the locations sweet potato crop production and packaging operations.
- Creating and executing the crop plans for the location, including planting, input application, equipment needs, harvesting, shipping, and storage operations.
- Communicating and conducting record keeping on the crop, including inputs applied, projected yield, crop progress, and quality.
- Planning and managing the budget and assuming overall responsibility for the location’s P&L.
- Interacting closely with the sales department and customers to ensure on time delivery of quality products.
- Providing leadership and direction for farm and packaging staff, including hiring, training, supervision.
- Overseeing the hiring of a large seasonal staff, including utilizing the H-2A program.
- Participating in land acquisition that supports the crop plan, growth initiatives, and is conducive to growing a quality crop.
- Ensuring the location maintains a high standard of cleanliness and safety.
Who we are looking for:
- Demonstrated leadership experience is required.
- Production agriculture experience, preferably in sweet potatoes or other row crops.
- Experience with farm related equipment operation, maintenance, and safety.
- Post secondary education in agriculture (or a related field) or equivalent experience.
- Experience in resource allocation, budgeting and record keeping,
- Experience with business management software and Microsoft office.
- Willingness and ability to work extended and flexible hours, including some weekends.
Joining the Black Gold Farms team means more than just a job – it means becoming part of a thriving agriculture community. As a Black Gold Farms employee, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your skills and expertise in a supportive and challenging environment that values stewardship of the land, good community members, and good industry partners. You’ll work alongside some of the most skilled and knowledgeable professionals in the industry, all while benefiting from competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits packages, and a strong focus on work-life balance.
Black Gold has an excellent benefits package, including health, dental, vision, life insurance, a company funded health savings account, short term disability, critical illness insurance, accident insurance, a 401(k) program with company match, paid time off, paid holidays, retirement bonus, and an incentive bonus. A company vehicle, laptop and cell phone reimbursement are also provided with this position. Relocation assistance may be provided if necessary.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 – $100,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Farming (Preferred)
- Farm Management (Preferred)
- Agriculture (Preferred)
Work Location: In person