Shoesole Farms, Inc. is searching for a manager with good business sense to join our team. The farm manager’s responsibilities include monitoring staff, and crops, purchasing supplies, analyzing data & reports, and ensuring maximum profit. You should be able to maintain professional networks and keep abreast of developments in agricultural science.
To be successful as a farm manager, you must be detail-oriented but also keep the bigger picture in mind. Outstanding candidates are keen problem solvers who are focused on efficiency and take a hands-on approach to management.
Farm Manager Responsibilities:
- Analyzing existing operations, crops, staff, data, and financial reports, and recommending improvements.
- Preparing plans and schedules for planting and harvesting and ensuring staff understands expectations.
- Visiting the different divisions to inspect crops and perform tests on soil and water.
- Ensuring seeds, fertilizers, pesticides, and other supplies are regularly restocked.
- Scheduling repairs, maintenance, and replacement of equipment and machinery.
- Ensuring all staff adheres to health and safety regulations.
- Assisting with the recruitment and training of newly hired staff members.
- Collaborating with senior staff to prepare budgets and financial reports.
- Building professional networks and keeping abreast of developments in agricultural science.
Farm Manager Requirements:
- A passion for agriculture.
- Previous experience in a farming-related field.
- Management experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of farming cultivation techniques and practices.
- Proficient in the use of hand tools for various farm tasks.
- Mechanical knowledge for equipment maintenance and repair.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks effectively.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and critical thinking skills.
- The ability to make decisions in stressful environments.
- The ability to work independently as well as lead a team.
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to work overtime as required.
- Related degree in agriculture or equivalent not required but preferred.
- Additional courses in business management or administration is a plus.
If you are passionate about farming, have the necessary qualifications, and enjoy working in a dynamic environment, we would love to hear from you. Apply now to join our team as a Farm Manager.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 – $70,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 10 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus opportunities
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Murtaugh, ID: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Farming: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: In person
To apply for this job, please click here to apply