Canticle Farm, is a Franciscan, 501(c)3, Certified Naturally Grown accredited vegetable-producing farm located in Allegany, NY seeking a hardworking, self-motivated individual to supervise and participate in the day-to-day farm operations. This individual should possess community supported agriculture farming experience, along with excellent supervisory and decision-making abilities. The position is full time, year-round with benefits.
- Performing outdoor manual labor in all weather conditions.
- Maintenance of farm property and equipment. Scheduling repairs, maintenance, and replacement of equipment and machinery.
- Handling heavy machinery, including tractor use and changing out various tractor attachments.
- Supervision of and side-by-side work with farmworkers and volunteers. Ability to model team leadership and collaboration, while upholding Canticle Farm’s employee policies, ensuring staff understand expectations and to efficiently keep farm staff on task.
- Organize weekly CSA shareholder distribution during spring, summer and fall share seasons.
- Assist with the recruitment and cross-training of new staff members.
- Ability to do all farm-related tasks including, but not limited to greenhouse activities (seeding and transplant care), field preparation, cultivation, irrigation, foliar feeding, mulching, and harvesting.
- Implementation and understanding of the farm’s crop-plan and related records.
- Preparing budgets and analyzing operations, crops, and financial documents to creatively and constantly streamline efficiencies. Ability to consider various revenue streams and adapt to changing market needs.
- Corresponding and collaborating daily with the farm President meeting weekly administrative, grant, fundraising, and capital improvement deadlines.
- Processing, distribution and marketing of produce through on-farm sales, seasonal CSAs and Saturday farmers’ markets.
- Grow vegetables using Certified Naturally Grown (CNG) guidelines, ensuring annual compliance.
- Embodies the Mission of Canticle Farm to all staff, volunteers, customers and community members both personally and professionally.
- Willingness to work in all weather conditions. Capacity to lift up to 70 lbs.
- Complete tasks requiring repetitive up and down movement associated with working on hands and knees.
- Previous experience in the farming industry. Working long hours on location.
- Great communication and collaboration skills with an ability to adapt to changes in job requirements.
- Passionate about growing nutritious vegetables for our community.
- Willingness to embrace a Franciscan spirit of humility, hospitality, and care for the most vulnerable.
- Business management experience preferred. Valid driver’s license and vehicle.
Please send a cover letter and resume. Rolling process for applicant review.
Canticle Farm expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 – $42,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Allegany, NY 14706: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Farming: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: One location