Individual will manage a family-owned farm market, including the staff and product. The market manager is accountable for supervision and support of department managers and staff, setting the general atmosphere for work ethic and customer service, goal setting and attainment, completion of projects and evaluation to generate profits for the business.
The manager will develop and grow relationships with vendors and oversee purchasing of current and new product. The market manager will exercise authority and independent judgement regarding making decisions, while reporting directly to the owners.
Major objective of Farm Market Manager Position:
The farm market manager is accountable to manage and carry out the operational goals and policies established by the owners.
· Provide prompt and friendly service to our customers
· Prioritize customer interactions while balancing other duties and responsibilities
· Engage and interact with customers to create a positive and familiar shopping experience
· Respond positively to customer’s inquiries and assist in finding items, product information and selection, purchases and loading vehicles
· Ability to take accurate and professional customer orders by phone or in person
· Friendly and professional interaction with other staff members
· Overseeing department managers and staff
· Collaborating with and communicating between departments
· Train, motivate, evaluate and guide staff to current and future goals of the business
· Evaluate and promote individual employees who exhibit the management ability to fit the various key positions of the business
· Assisting with daily schedule changes
· Assist in hiring of new staff
· Relating to vendors and overseeing the purchasing of product
· Source new products/vendors
· Sustain a high-level knowledge of all products, especially what is grown at Weaver’s Orchard, its uses and seasonality
· Establish and achieve sales and financial objectives
· Develop and train staff to perform daily tasks and maximize sales
· Creating and implementing attractive displays, pricing, and promotions (alongside department managers)
· Learn and follow proper food safety regulations
· Ensure cleanliness, organization, and worker safety concerning displays, work areas and storage areas
· Ensure rotation and proper removal of any expired product
· Participate in inventory of product alongside departments managers as needed.
· Assist owners with special projects and tasks as requested
· Promoting open and constructive communication between departments, managers, and owners.
· Show cooperation to overall success of the business.
· Take a leadership role in staff meetings.
· Assist managers and employees in meeting company goals and objectives.
Individual shall be:
· Pleasant, outgoing, and skilled in all forms of communication.
· Capable of coordinating resources and juggling multiple priorities while remaining poised and positive.
· Managing time in a fast-paced environment during busy days/seasons
· Able to quickly adapt to changing circumstances and customer/ business needs.
· Organized and keep accurate records.
· Must have a high school diploma
· Must have experience in retail and management of people and product
(preferred 5 years total experience in retail, 2 years of experience in management)
· Must be capable of learning point of sale software
· Ability to read, write and perform basic math functions
· Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Must have strong initiative, be self-motivated and have strong organizational skills
· Ability to multi-task and take initiative when problems arise
· Must be flexible and able to adapt to ever-changing retail environment
· Experience relating with vendors, investigating and establishing the sale of new products
· Experience with online retail and creation of product for sales online
· Creativity to be used in creating displays and general market atmosphere
Skills/Work Environment Requirements
· Must be able to demonstrate ability to work with a team
· Must demonstrate an awareness of group dynamics
· Must be able and willing to lift up to 50lbs frequently
· Job requires prolonged standing, walking, and lifting, with the potential for prolonged work outdoors in varying weather conditions
· Requires properly and responsibly operating and using equipment such as knives, scales, pallet jacks, and hand trucks
· Fork lift experience a plus
(Weaver’s Orchard will make reasonable accommodations as required by ADA)
Due to the nature of this position, and the image we wish to convey, we require conservative, neat/ clean attire. The individual will present as a professional. Any other requirements will be found in the Employee Handbook – information available upon request.
This position requires a minimum of 50-55hours/week for most of the year. Busy season hours (summer and fall) are determined in part by efficiency of the individual filling the role. Must be able to work all Saturdays (except for pre-approved time off for important events) during the busy season (May through December) and at least 3 out of 4 Saturdays per month in the slow season (January through April). Most holidays are required with adjusted hours (except when the market is closed – see market hours on website). NO SUNDAYS – market closed.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $22.00 – $28.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Paid time off
- 10 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Morgantown, PA 19543: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location