Third Knight Farm Inc
Company: Third Knight Farms Inc.
Location: Albany, Oregon
Status: Full Time Employee
Pay: Salary pay DOE
Job Category: Farm Mechanic
Education Level: High School diploma, Associates or Technical degree or training preferred
Third Knight Farms has an immediate opening for a qualified Farm Mechanic.
Third Knight Farms is a diverse family owned and operated farm in the Willamette Valley of Oregon. Major crops produced include grass seed, hazelnuts, clover seed and specialty seed crops. Custom farming and baling of grass straw is an integral part of its agricultural operations.
Currently, we are seeking a Farm Mechanic to maintain and repair the farm fleet of agricultural equipment and rolling stock and provide leadership in managing both full and part time employees in their duties. The Farm Mechanic, will maintain a residence within reasonable commuting distance, and administratively reporting to the owners.
A Company vehicle will be provided for travel between home and work and local incidental personal use.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
There are ten key tasks this individual will be involved in everyday:
1. Operating heavy and light equipment including but not limited to pickups, tractors, trucks, balers, swathers, combines, fertilizing, spray, and irrigation equipment as needed.
2. Performing adjustment and pre-operation inspection/maintenance of equipment.
3. Develop and implement a preventative maintenance program for the farm fleet of agricultural equipment and rolling stock as recommended by Company and manufacturers.
4. Be able to repair agricultural equipment, gasoline and diesel powered including but not limited to: balers, tractors, combines, small engines, fertilizing, spray, and irrigation equipment as needed.
5. Detecting the cause(s) of mechanical, electrical/electronics, and hydraulic problems, correcting the cause(s) of the problems, and performing related repairs as necessary both in the field and in the shop.
6. Keeping accurate, complete, and timely records of repair work performed.
7. Maintain condition of vehicles, inventory, tools and equipment in safe manner.
8. Keeps work area safe, neat and organized as necessary for efficient job performance.
9. Performing welding, acetylene burning, brazing, and soldering as required.
10. Performing general labor and cleaning related to equipment maintenance.
Requirements for this Position:
· The ideal candidate will have a High School diploma and an Associates or Technical degree in diesel or agricultural mechanics. Consideration given to equivalent related on the job experience or technical training.
· Minimum 2-4 years’ work experience in a related agricultural production or technical position.
· A working knowledge of common agriculture practices is essential to the position.
· Good communication – both verbal and written, mechanical aptitude, math and computer skills.
· Demonstrated strong work-ethic and exceptional interpersonal skills
· The candidate must be highly motivated, honest, loyal, dedicated, ethical, self-starting and able to work well with others as well as independently.
· Regular and timely attendance on the job.
· Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with the operation and repair of both gasoline and diesel engines.
· Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with the operation, maintenance and repair of irrigation including overhead and drip systems.
· Demonstrated knowledge of and experience working with hydraulic operation and repairs as related to pumps, controls, and transmission components.
· Demonstrated knowledge of and experience working with electricity and components as it is related to equipment or machinery.
· Demonstrated knowledge of and/or the ability to learn about occupational hazards and safety precautions.
· Ability to read and comprehend repair manuals, electrical schematics, hydraulic schematics and/or written instructions and/or oral instructions for repair work performed.
· Ability to maintain accurate, complete, and timely records for repair work performed.
· Willingness and ability to perform work extended hours including on weekends, holidays as required by seasonal nature (July through October) of the business.
· Self-directed individual who leads projects to identify and implement solutions with team input
· Demonstrated parts budget management and inventory control.
· Adaptability to changing situations and have the ability to perform multiple tasks with multiple priorities.
· Operation of Company vehicles and equipment is an essential function of the position. Candidates must be able to safely operate a motor vehicle, various farm equipment and both medium duty and semi-trucks, possess a valid driver’s license (the ability to obtain a CDL may be required within the first 6 months of employment) and satisfy the requirements of Company’s vehicle usage and operation policies and liability insurance carrier.
· Ability to comprehend, read, write and communicate proficiently in English and interact with all levels of the organization.
· Must possess the physical body dexterity and coordination to bend, squat, twist, and crouch to achieve angle and positions required to perform various repairs. Must have sufficient physical strength and ability to independently and repeatedly lift, move and carry objects weighing up to 75 pounds.
· Candidates must be U.S. Citizens or have Permanent Residence status (Green Card) required.
Third Knight Farms offers a competitive salary and the opportunity to succeed in a team-oriented environment. Candidate eligible for one-week paid vacation after successful completion of first year’s employment.
You can apply for this position by sending resume and salary requirements (please put “Farm Mechanic Position” in the e-mail subject line) below.
Include an informal cover letter telling about your specific, measurable accomplishments as they relate to this position. Include your current/recent compensation and ability to relocate if you do not already reside in the mid-Willamette Valley.
U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Residence (Green Card) required.
There is NO closing date on this position. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. No phone calls or walk-ins please. Due to the large volume of resumes we receive; we do not acknowledge receipt of each resume and are unable to give status updates. If a strong match is found between your qualifications and the requirements of the position, a member of our staff will contact you to further discuss the career opportunity. In the event that you are not contacted within a 2-week period, it is likely that we are pursuing other applicants. However, your resume will be retained should your skills and qualifications present a strong match to future positions.
Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
Third Knight Farms
34309 Highway 34 SE
Albany, OR 97322-9773
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $24.00 – $30.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Albany, OR 97322: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Mechanical knowledge: 4 years (Required)
- Driver’s License (Required)
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.