Assist in the operations on Riverhawk Farm.
· 02, starting at $11.39. WVU Parkersburg takes experience and related education into consideration when determining salary.
· Non-exempt, full time regular, benefits eligible
· Retirement plan with 6% mandatory every pay (biweekly) that is matched 100%
· Free $10,000 life insurance policy
· Your choice of 7 different Health Insurance plans
· Dental, Vision, Hearing, Term Disability, Long & Short-Term Disability, Legal Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Healthcare FSA, and Dependent Care FSA
· Annual and Sick leave
· Minimum 12 paid holidays per year
· WVU Parkersburg tuition wavier for an employee, employees’ spouse or dependent of a full-time benefits eligible employee who is 24 years of age or younger
· Submit an Employment Application packet available at www.wvup.edu/jobs
· WVUP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution
· High School Diploma or GED or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· 1 year of directly related experience.
· Prefer 2 or more years of agriculture related experience in production and management operations.
· Valid motor vehicle license.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· Ability to organize, reprioritize and practice the management skills when multi-tasking on Riverhawk Farm.
· Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
· Ability to work with diverse students, faculty, employees, and clients/businesses.
· Process management, quality improvement expertise and problem-solving.
· Self-starter, dependable, conscientious, sociable, and attentive to detail.
· Intermediate computer skills with common PC brands, software programs and electronic databases.
· Independent analytical and evaluation judgment, project management and conflict management skills.
· Ability to multi-task and work well with others.
· Assist in day-to-day management operations on Riverhawk Farm
· Ensure safety and PPE standards are met in day-to-day operations
· Manage diseases, insects, and weeds in production of crops
· Observe and examine health of plants
· Help Agriculture Director with various task and needs
· Operate Equipment
· Supervise other farm workers
· Train hired hands safety on equipment usage, operations, and production
· Update Agriculture Director on operation progression
· Analyze production numbers and yields
Innovation and collaboration
· Improve production yields
· Continue building WVUP Agriculture reputation throughout the MOV
· Develop new methods of production
· Collaborate with local farmers to further relationships
· Performs other duties as assigned
02/27/2023 with an application deadline of 03/13/2023.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $11.39 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
Work Location: One location