University of Idaho
Division/College: Col of Agricultural & Life Sciences
Employee Category: Classified
Pay Range: $18.00 per hour or higher commensurate with experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The foreperson performs general farm support duties in regards to research, including operating farm equipment; assisting with all agronomic practices associated with dryland farming and research plot land preparation, maintenance and harvest; and assisting with equipment and facility maintenance and repairs. The foreperson also assists in processing foundation seed including cleaning, treating and packaging seed. The Farm Operations Foreperson is also responsible for maintaining the appearance of the farms and will occasionally assist with livestock operations.
- Experience employing dry land farming practices.
- Experience handling and applying pesticides in a proper manner according to all safety guidelines.
- Minimum of six years agriculture related experience preferred or four years of education in a related field and two years experience in agriculture.
- Must be able to safely operate all agriculture equipment relevant to dry land farming such as tractors, mowers, sprayers, combines, tillage equipment, grain drills, manure spreaders, skid-steer loaders, fork lift, trucks, research plot equipment, livestock trailers, ATVs, pickups, and other motorized vehicles.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Must be able to lift, carry, or otherwise move a minimum of 50 lbs repeatedly.
Required Licensures, Certifications or other
- Must be able to acquire a pesticide applicators license if not already licensed within 90 days from start date.
Posting Number: SP003667P
Posting Date: 11/01/2022
Open Until Filled: Yes
First consideration date for receipt of applications is November 20, 2022.
IMPORTANT: To be considered, your “Letter of Qualification” must address EACH of the required qualifications, including pertinent education and/or experience. In addition, to improve your ranking during the evaluation process, address as many of the Preferred Qualifications as possible. Information on a resume WILL NOT be accepted as a substitute for submitting a Letter of Qualification.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.